Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically
Author Message
 Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically

I'm trying to find some info on setting DCOM security permissions
programmatically.  In particular I want to configure the per-application
Access Permissions that you can configure from the Security tab of
dcomcnfg.exe.

Has anyone done this, or can you point me to a reference that can explain
how to do it?

Mark.

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically
Yeah, maybe this will help.  I found this article in MSDN Jan-99. Don't have
any other reference than the title:

Secure Data Solutions Using the Jet Database Engine
Presented by: Paul Litwin

JHK

Quote:

>I'm trying to find some info on setting DCOM security permissions
>programmatically.  In particular I want to configure the per-application
>Access Permissions that you can configure from the Security tab of
>dcomcnfg.exe.

>Has anyone done this, or can you point me to a reference that can explain
>how to do it?

>Mark.

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically
Hello,
Refer to COM call CoSetProxyBlanket. To use it from VB you can try something
like this
Declare function CoSetProxyBlanket lib "Ole32.dll" .......
Bye
Ramesh

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting a permission programmatically.

2. Setting NTFS File Permissions Programmatically

3. How To Set DCOM Custom Launch Permissions with VBScript

4. Can't set open/run permission for modules in Security

5. How to set programmatically security properties?

6. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

7. Setting NT Security Permissions with VB

8. Set security on a folder programmatically / Administrator Rights in COM object

9. Programmatically Set IE5 Security Options

10. Programmatically change security settings of IE 5X using VB

11. Programmatically change security settings of IE 5X using VB

12. DCOM security settings