Any tool to determine DLL API's?
Author Message
 Any tool to determine DLL API's?

Sometimes I get an poorly supported or unsupported DLL (mostly 32-bit these
days) that I cannot
determine the published API's for.

Are there any tools to assit in this, I know I can use dumpbin /exports to
get the available functions
from the DLL, but I can't what parameters and return types are expected.

I know more information is embedded in the DLL, since I get type mismatches
when I try to call the
function in the DLL with improper arguments.

Please respond to group, since I can't be only person that would like to
know an answer for this.

TIA

--
remove nospam prefix to get my real e-mail address

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Any tool to determine DLL API's?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Any tool to determine DLL API's?

Quote:
>Sometimes I get an poorly supported or unsupported DLL (mostly 32-bit these
>days) that I cannot
>determine the published API's for.

>Are there any tools to assit in this, I know I can use dumpbin /exports to
>get the available functions
>from the DLL, but I can't what parameters and return types are expected.

>I know more information is embedded in the DLL, since I get type mismatches
>when I try to call the
>function in the DLL with improper arguments.

>Please respond to group, since I can't be only person that would like to
>know an answer for this.

>TIA

Here's a utility suggested by Bruce Callen.

-Kevin Buchan

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Any tool to determine DLL API's?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Any tool to determine DLL API's?

begin 644 DumpBin.zip
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. API to determine user's groups

2. Tool for Debugging DLL's in Visual Basic 5.0

3. Beginner's question - How to determine which DLL files needed

4. DUN/RAS 'rasapi32.dll' API

5. DUN/RAS 'rasapi32.dll' API

6. Api 'IsNetWorkAlive' in Sensapi.dll

7. API Function Tool (API-SPY)

8. Unable to extract resources from DLL's using API functions

9. Need API's for MSINET.DLL !

10. Looking for apigid32.dll (Visual Basic programmer's guide to win32 API)

11. Need intel's cas.dll API defenition!

12. API calls to application DLL's