Netware: List Active Users (API???)
Author Message
 Netware: List Active Users (API???)

Hi All,

I am rewriting a small utility for a Novell netware network.  It is meant to
run from a normal user account (non-admin) and obtain a list of all active
(logged in) users, their "Full Name", their MAC Address/IP Address, and
their login time.

In the past, I have used NLIST.exe with a few attributes and parsed the
output.  Now, the users who are to be running this program cannot access
NLIST.exe (It has been hidden or removed).  Would there be any other
methods, preferably using APIs, that would be available to low-level users
in most environments?

Please reply soon as this is an essential piece of software on our network.

Yours truly,

Brent W.J. Mackie

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:27:58 GMT
 Netware: List Active Users (API???)

You must visit www.novell.com ,and there you must download Novell library
for developers.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I am rewriting a small utility for a Novell netware network.  It is meant
> run from a normal user account (non-admin) and obtain a list of all active
> (logged in) users, their "Full Name", their MAC Address/IP Address, and
> their login time.

> In the past, I have used NLIST.exe with a few attributes and parsed the
> output.  Now, the users who are to be running this program cannot access
> NLIST.exe (It has been hidden or removed).  Would there be any other
> methods, preferably using APIs, that would be available to low-level users
> in most environments?

> Please reply soon as this is an essential piece of software on our
network.

> Yours truly,

> Brent W.J. Mackie

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:13:27 GMT

1. API call to get Netware user name from 32-bit client using MSFT Client for Netware

2. API call to get Netware user name from 32-bit client using MSFT Client for Netware

3. Listing A2K Active Users

4. Populating a webform listbox with Active Directory Users list

5. active network users list, how

6. a list of active users

7. C++ API for Active Direc. User

8. Any API calls for getting a complete list of users on a domain

9. List Novell Netware Servers in VB5

10. Netware open files list

11. User Login ID with NetWare

12. Getting Netware User ID from Access