private and not private
Author Message
 private and not private

Hi,

My answer is very simple, What is the difference:
WritePrivateProfileString and WriteProfileString?

i been used both on the win.ini with the same results

Thanks

HCC

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 private and not private
Notice that WriteProfileString does not include an argument for a file path.
WritePrivateProfileString is used on files *other* than WIN.INI, while WriteProfileString
is redirected *only* to WIN.INI. Of course, specifying the path to WIN.INI when using
WritePrivateProfileString makes the point of using WriteProfileString moot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regards,

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937

Quote:
> Hi,

> My answer is very simple, What is the difference:
> WritePrivateProfileString and WriteProfileString?

> i been used both on the win.ini with the same results

> Thanks

> HCC

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 private and not private
Thank you!

HCC

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA class: private members not hidden

2. Closing a form with the ‘X’ Button does not destroy in stances of Private Variables

3. Private Properties Do Not Permit Me-Dot notation

4. Closing a form with the ‘X’ Button does not destroy in stances of Private Variables

5. Trying to execute a private procedure from another form

6. Private vs. Intrinsic Function

7. Private Functions with ADT2.0

8. Are class modules private?

9. Private message

10. Private Message Macro

11. private item

12. Copy public calendar items to private calendars