Adding custom menu items to explorer menu
Author Message
 Adding custom menu items to explorer menu

Hi to all
I wondering is there  a way to add my own menu item in pop up menu in
windows explorer?
This will be something like when you have installed 'winzip' and you select
a file in the explorer and right click and the pop up menu displays 'add to
zip' , I want to add my own menu item here
Any API calls or registry??
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks,
Rajesh

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding custom menu items to explorer menu

Well, WinZip does something quite special, because it examines the file to
decide what items to include in the menu. This is quite difficult. If you
want a static option, for example on any .abc file, it will be a lot easier.
See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/psdk/shell...
l/Shell_basics/context.htm

Quote:
> Hi to all
> I wondering is there  a way to add my own menu item in pop up menu in
> windows explorer?
> This will be something like when you have installed 'winzip' and you
select
> a file in the explorer and right click and the pop up menu displays 'add
> zip' , I want to add my own menu item here
> Any API calls or registry??
> Any help will be appreciated
> Thanks,
> Rajesh

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding custom menu items to explorer menu
This is actually pretty easy to do. Here is an example of how to add the
option to open a file with notepad when you rightclick a file.

1. First, create a file by opening a new notepad window.

2. Next, type in these five lines exactly like this (or just copy and paste
from here).

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open With Notepad]

3. Next, save this file you created with the filename "ownp.reg".

Next, run this file you created by doubleclicking on it. It will prompt you
and if you click OK will add a key to your registry and add the menu option
"Open With Notepad" to the rightclick. By changing the title and exe
filename in the content you can create any rightclick option. You may need
to add the entire path of the exe file you wish to run.

Hope this helps
Gary
:)

Quote:

> Hi to all
> I wondering is there  a way to add my own menu item in pop up menu in
> windows explorer?
> This will be something like when you have installed 'winzip' and you
select
> a file in the explorer and right click and the pop up menu displays 'add
> zip' , I want to add my own menu item here
> Any API calls or registry??
> Any help will be appreciated
> Thanks,
> Rajesh

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding custom menu items to explorer menu

2. When adding second menu item to custom menu it appears greyed out

3. Need Help: Trouble adding a custom menu pick to a custom popup menu in VBA

4. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

5. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

6. Identifying Which menu item was clicked on a custom menu

7. How to add a menu into the Explorer Context Menu

8. Adding a menu Item to Internet Explorer.

9. Adding Items to Windows Explorer Menus.

10. Adding item to Windows Explorer's menus

11. How do I add a menu Item to Explorer

12. Adding item to Explorer popup menu,