NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
Author Message
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll

I'm trying to enumerate open (remote) server files and I have this working
very well under Win NT using netapi32 ... now to get it working under Win
95/98 ...

I notice that the Win 95 server tools' radmin32.dll has NetFileEnum, but
unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work. I suspect that either
my declares or my calling functions aren't quite right.

Has anyone done something similar? Any help would be appreciated.

...Chris

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:33:48 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
If you look it up in MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/network/ntlmapi2_5dm5.htm

you will see that like all other LANMAN APIs supported on Win9x, the call is
completely different. Even the library is different (svrapi.dll on Win9x).

There are several samples on calling LanMan APis on NT vs. Win9x in the VB
Language Developer's Handbook (not this one, but maybe enough to get the
hang of it).

--
MichKa

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> I'm trying to enumerate open (remote) server files and I have this working
> very well under Win NT using netapi32 ... now to get it working under Win
> 95/98 ...

> I notice that the Win 95 server tools' radmin32.dll has NetFileEnum, but
> unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work. I suspect that either
> my declares or my calling functions aren't quite right.

> Has anyone done something similar? Any help would be appreciated.

> ...Chris

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:49:59 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
Yup. Already been down that road. While I have been able to make the
svrapi.dll function work my local machine under 95, it consistently returns
error 2351 against remote NT/Win2K AS machines.

I find it interesting that the Server Manager client for 95 is capable of
showing the info ... not with svrapi, but rather radmin32.

The page http://www.mvps.org/win32/network/nt95.html eludes to this, but I
haven't been able to massage it into anything usable in VB. At this point
I'd be happy with just an ERROR_SUCCESS :-)

Any ideas?

...Chris.

> If you look it up in MSDN:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/network/ntlmapi2_5dm5.htm

> you will see that like all other LANMAN APIs supported on Win9x, the call
is
> completely different. Even the library is different (svrapi.dll on Win9x).

[snipped]

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:31:12 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
I am not sure how that qualifies as "interesting" specifically. Microsoft
does not provide documentation for radmin32, do they? I see Felix's page,
which would not really encourage me to do much more than head back to my
Windows 2000 machine, truth be told.

--
MichKa

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Yup. Already been down that road. While I have been able to make the
> svrapi.dll function work my local machine under 95, it consistently
returns
> error 2351 against remote NT/Win2K AS machines.

> I find it interesting that the Server Manager client for 95 is capable of
> showing the info ... not with svrapi, but rather radmin32.

> The page http://www.mvps.org/win32/network/nt95.html eludes to this, but I
> haven't been able to massage it into anything usable in VB. At this point
> I'd be happy with just an ERROR_SUCCESS :-)

> Any ideas?

> ...Chris.

wrote
> > If you look it up in MSDN:

> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/network/ntlmapi2_5dm5.htm

> > you will see that like all other LANMAN APIs supported on Win9x, the
call
> is
> > completely different. Even the library is different (svrapi.dll on
Win9x).

> [snipped]

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:28:14 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
Quote:
>> Yup. Already been down that road. While I have been able to make the

svrapi.dll function work my local machine under 95, it consistently returns

Quote:
>> error 2351 against remote NT/Win2K AS machines.

I believe you have to use the NT/Win2K structures, not the WIN95/98 ones.
The stucture you use is based on the target server, not the current machine.
Only the dll export is dependant on the local machine.

-Dirk

[ FUNCky for VB. Betcha can't use just one function. ]
[ http://www.funcky.com/vb ]

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:30:55 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
Well I finally managed to massage it to work with radmin32.

The datatypes are of course different but the calling conventions very
similar to netapi32 .. and they both return FILE_INFO_3 ... so I'm a happy
camper when switching between the two. :-)

...Chris.

Quote:
> >> Yup. Already been down that road. While I have been able to make the
> svrapi.dll function work my local machine under 95, it consistently
returns
> >> error 2351 against remote NT/Win2K AS machines.

> I believe you have to use the NT/Win2K structures, not the WIN95/98 ones.
> The stucture you use is based on the target server, not the current
machine.
> Only the dll export is dependant on the local machine.

> -Dirk

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:35:59 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
Cool. Make sure that rasadmin is installed too... it might not be on some
systems...

-Dirk

[ FUNCky Developer ]
[ http://www.funcky.com ]

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:11:30 GMT
 NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll
LOL... might not be on MOST systems. <g>

--
MichKa

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Cool. Make sure that rasadmin is installed too... it might not be on some
> systems...

> -Dirk

> [ FUNCky Developer ]
> [ http://www.funcky.com ]

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:32:18 GMT

1. NetFileEnum - radmin32.dll

2. Hack Undocumented RADMIN32.DLL?

3. LookupAccountSID in radmin32.dll on Win9x

4. RADMIN32.DLL

5. radmin32.dll info req.

6. API.TXT for radmin32.dll

7. Help with radmin32.dll

8. RADMIN32.DLL....Help.

9. radmin32.dll ifo req.

10. Documentation for radmin32.dll

11. Radmin32.dll and Rlocal32.dll work on Win9x and VB?

12. API NetFileEnum getting DR.Watson error