WinInet API and POST
Author Message
 WinInet API and POST

I have been able to get WinInet to do a POST command properly when the
URL I'm posting to us a standard CGI program.  When I'm posting to a
ISAPI or Windows CGI program, the POST data doesn't come through.  I
have followed the examples on the MS Knowledge Base, but that doesn't
work for me.  Does anyone know how to exactly simulate a post from a web
browser using WinInet?

Thanks,
Bryan Whitaker

--------------------------------
Bryan Whitaker

Developer of Cart32 and Ozarks Online
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , http://www.*-*-*.com/

My new daughter's home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WinInet API and POST

Bryan,
    Some folks in my office had trouble posting large amounts of data (more
than a couple of KB) using msinet.ocx.  I believe they worked around it
using the WinInet API calls directly.  Are you sure your problems aren't due
to the amout of data you're sending?

Quote:

> I have been able to get WinInet to do a POST command properly when the
> URL I'm posting to us a standard CGI program.  When I'm posting to a
> ISAPI or Windows CGI program, the POST data doesn't come through.  I
> have followed the examples on the MS Knowledge Base, but that doesn't
> work for me.  Does anyone know how to exactly simulate a post from a web
> browser using WinInet?

> Thanks,
> Bryan Whitaker

> --------------------------------
> Bryan Whitaker

> Developer of Cart32 and Ozarks Online
> http://www.cart32.com, http://www.ozarksonline.com

> My new daughter's home page: http://www.ozarksonline.com/kaylee

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed POSTing to SSL server using wininet.dll API calls

2. API Viewer - Text API File for wininet.dll?

3. "POST"'ing with WININET.DLL in VB 5

4. Wininet POST method

5. POST variables not passed using WININET/ASP

6. * WININET - How do i view the posted request

7. winInet POST

8. Post, Wininet and Multipart/formdata

9. HTTP Post using WinInet.DLL

10. WinInet and POST Problem