Reading Physical Disk Tracks and Sectors
Author Message
 Reading Physical Disk Tracks and Sectors

Does anybody know how to read physical tracks and sectors of the floppy or
hard disk from vb ?

I've done this using TC and BC++ in those good old DOS days. I have NO idea
about the Windows way of doin it.

Any help is appreciated - thanx a lot

Nagi

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Physical Disk Tracks and Sectors

I'm not quite sure how to do it, but check out www.ntinternals.com.  They
have a lot of programs, which in includes a defragger sample program.  I
believe that they also include the source code with the api calls.

Quote:
>Does anybody know how to read physical tracks and sectors of the floppy
or
>hard disk from vb ?

>I've done this using TC and BC++ in those good old DOS days. I have NO
idea
>about the Windows way of doin it.

>Any help is appreciated - thanx a lot

>Nagi

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading Physical Sectors and Tracks of Disks

2. Reading data from specific Track/Sector/Side of floppy

3. Read tracks and sectors

4. Writing And Reading to Track & Sector

5. read/write directly disk sectors.

6. READ DISK SECTOR

7. READ DISK SECTOR

8. VBH6: read sector by seector from Hard Disk

9. Can I read a disk sector with VB?

10. Reading and writing disk sectors.

11. Read/Write Disk Tracks

12. Physical Sector Access of HDD - Int13h