Networking question
Author Message
 Networking question

Quick version of the question:

How do I view a list of shares on a remote machine & which programming
language should I use to write code to do this?

Is there a way to mulithread this querry? (ask for shares from several
machines at once, because of transaction time, threading it would increase
productivity of the application)

More detailed: I'm wanting to make an application that can view the shares
from a windows/mac/linux/unix box, I need to know which language I should
start writing this code/script in, either Java, VB, or C++ (POSSIBLY perl,
but I'm reluctant to start perl) my prefered language is VB.

to understand what it is I'm doing, there's an application in windows that
is similar to this, however it only does 1 machine at a time, and is slow
even at that.  in DOS run the net command, you need to include the ip
address of the computer you're trying to get shares from:
net view \\10.0.0.0.1
RESULTS:
Shared resources at \\128.95.39.142

Sharename    Type         Comment
============================
C            Disk
D            Disk
E            Disk
SOUNDS      Disk
HP                 PRINTER

Thanks - Dave

THANK YOU

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:54:20 GMT

1. File.Exists() Network question

2. Network Question

3. Real Easy Networking Question

4. Network question

5. Dial up networking question ?

6. Windows Dialup Networking Question <-????

7. Dialup Networking Question

8. Basic Network Question

9. VB4 + Network question

10. Networking Question

11. Network question: VB app run off server hangs PC's

12. Visual Basic Networking Question