CoCreateInstanceEx
Author Message
 CoCreateInstanceEx

VB5-SP3
WinNT4-SP3

We are using DCOM.  A DCOM Server application is creating several objects of
the same class, but only one instance-per-machine.  Let's say around 20
machines.  At first we were running the CliReg.exe utility and using command
line arguments to point to a different server.  The results were
inconsistant.  So, we decided to head to the API.  Now, CoCreateInstanceEx
works fine when ran in the IDE.  As a matter of fact, it works great and is
very consistant.  When compiled, error -2147024809 always occures regardless
if it is creating locally or remote.  I believe this error translates to an
invalid param error of some sort.  What is it about the IDE that prevents
this error and how can we fix it?

ThanX,
Joel

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CoCreateInstanceEx

Have you tried to just change the registry setting for the network address,
this seems to work for our applications which sounds alot like yours.

Kevin Stewart

Quote:

>VB5-SP3
>WinNT4-SP3

>We are using DCOM.  A DCOM Server application is creating several objects
of
>the same class, but only one instance-per-machine.  Let's say around 20
>machines.  At first we were running the CliReg.exe utility and using
command
>line arguments to point to a different server.  The results were
>inconsistant.  So, we decided to head to the API.  Now, CoCreateInstanceEx
>works fine when ran in the IDE.  As a matter of fact, it works great and is
>very consistant.  When compiled, error -2147024809 always occures
regardless
>if it is creating locally or remote.  I believe this error translates to an
>invalid param error of some sort.  What is it about the IDE that prevents
>this error and how can we fix it?

>ThanX,
>Joel

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to call CoCreateInstanceEx?

2. CoCreateInstanceEx performance problem

3. VB Equivalent of coCreateInstanceEx()