Daylight Saving Time
Author Message
 Daylight Saving Time

I can find out whether I am in Daylight Savings Time from
GetTimeZoneInformation API.  However, how I do find out what I need to
do based on that:  add an hour (like in California) , or maybe add
nothing at all (like in Arizona), or maybe add a half an hour like in
Iran.  I know it is somewhere in the registry, because Windows itself
changes the time zone for us.  I think this value is called BIAS,
because that is what it is called in the Time Zone Editor of the Kernel
Toys.

TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION structure has several members named BIAS (bias,
standardBias, DaylightBias), but neither of them makes sense, when
retrieved.

Could someone help me out?

--
Robert Gelb
Software Development

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Daylight Saving Time
It's a bug in the API viewer. The array of integers and daylightname are 1
to long.

Change the struct to the following:

Type TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION
        Bias As Long
        StandardName(31) As Integer
        StandardDate As SYSTEMTIME
        StandardBias As Long
        DaylightName(31) As Integer
        DaylightDate As SYSTEMTIME
        DaylightBias As Long
End Type

MVG
   Arjen

--

ICQ: 5982016
Cyco Software

Quote:
> I can find out whether I am in Daylight Savings Time from
> GetTimeZoneInformation API.  However, how I do find out what I need to
> do based on that:  add an hour (like in California) , or maybe add
> nothing at all (like in Arizona), or maybe add a half an hour like in
> Iran.  I know it is somewhere in the registry, because Windows itself
> changes the time zone for us.  I think this value is called BIAS,
> because that is what it is called in the Time Zone Editor of the Kernel
> Toys.

> TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION structure has several members named BIAS (bias,
> standardBias, DaylightBias), but neither of them makes sense, when
> retrieved.

> Could someone help me out?

> --
> Robert Gelb
> Software Development
> Data Express
> 714-895-8832

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Daylight Saving Time
Or change the arrays to (for example) StandardName(1 To 32) - that way
existing code still works without modification.

--
James Johnston

Quote:

>It's a bug in the API viewer. The array of integers and daylightname are 1
>to long.

>Change the struct to the following:

>Type TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION
>        Bias As Long
>        StandardName(31) As Integer
>        StandardDate As SYSTEMTIME
>        StandardBias As Long
>        DaylightName(31) As Integer
>        DaylightDate As SYSTEMTIME
>        DaylightBias As Long
>End Type

>MVG
>   Arjen

>--

>ICQ: 5982016
>Cyco Software

>> I can find out whether I am in Daylight Savings Time from
>> GetTimeZoneInformation API.  However, how I do find out what I need to
>> do based on that:  add an hour (like in California) , or maybe add
>> nothing at all (like in Arizona), or maybe add a half an hour like in
>> Iran.  I know it is somewhere in the registry, because Windows itself
>> changes the time zone for us.  I think this value is called BIAS,
>> because that is what it is called in the Time Zone Editor of the Kernel
>> Toys.

>> TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION structure has several members named BIAS (bias,
>> standardBias, DaylightBias), but neither of them makes sense, when
>> retrieved.

>> Could someone help me out?

>> --
>> Robert Gelb
>> Software Development
>> Data Express
>> 714-895-8832

begin 666 James Johnston.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DIO:&YS=&]N.TIA;65S#0I&

M;T!B<F%Z;W-P;W)T+F-C+G1X+G5S#0I%34%)3#M)3E1%4DY%5#IJ:F]H;G-T

%05)$#0H`
`
end

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. time zones and daylight saving time

2. Standard Time or Daylight Savings Time

3. Standard v. Daylight Savings Time Function

4. Daylight Savings Time Error

5. Daylight Savings Time

6. Daylight Savings-Time bias

7. Daylight Savings Time dates

8. Daylight Savings Time

9. how to calculate daylight saving time ?

10. how to caculate daylight saving time....

11. Daylight Savings Time

12. Daylight saving time