Removing Scripting host using VB?
Author Message
 Removing Scripting host using VB?

I'm not sure whether this is an API question exactly - if it isn't, and
anyone knows a more appropriate forum please point me in the right
direction.

Is there an API function(s) to add and remove Windows components?  What
I specifically want to do is remove the Windows Scripting Host with a
small VB program.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Regards,
Rob
--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing Scripting host using VB?
No, there is not really an API for this.

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> I'm not sure whether this is an API question exactly - if it isn't, and
> anyone knows a more appropriate forum please point me in the right
> direction.

> Is there an API function(s) to add and remove Windows components?  What
> I specifically want to do is remove the Windows Scripting Host with a
> small VB program.

> Thanks in advance for any ideas.

> Regards,
> Rob
> --
> http://wordweb.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing Scripting host using VB?
In a thread a couple of days ago:

A quick and dirty way is to delete these files from your windows\system
directory:

scrrun.dll
cscript.exe
wscript.exe

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing Scripting host using VB?

Quote:
> In a thread a couple of days ago:
> scrrun.dll
> cscript.exe
> wscript.exe

Thanks.  This at least gives me a pointer to how I can address it in
the registry.

Rob
--
http://wordweb.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. adding/removing systray icons with windows scripting host.

2. Schedulling using Windows Script Host WSH and vbs

3. Host (server) side scripting: generating a page using data

4. Installation of Projects using Scripting Host

5. Installation of Projects using Scripting Host

6. Windows Script Host to Execute Remote Script Q311269

7. Windows Script Host Shell Object (Malacious script detected)

8. .NET Script Host available from Win32 Scripting!

9. Compiling Scripting Host scripts

10. VB application as ActiveX Scripting Host

11. Calling Windows Script Host Objects from VB

12. Removing printer in Win98 using a script - help!