Developing VB Apps to run under Windows Terminal Server
Author Message
 Developing VB Apps to run under Windows Terminal Server

We have a problem with our VB development which we are trying to make
available on the windows NT terminal server platform.

Microsoft state that it is not a supported platform but then go on to say
how you can usually get your apps to run on both ther server and terminal.

Our problem is quite simple. Most of our forms have been designed using
fm20.dll (Microsoft Forms 2). This dll addresses other API's which have
different entry points (it seems) in terminal server as apposed to NT and 9x
versions of windows. Hence when you try to use an exe with this type of
component you receive a message

                    System Error &H8007007E. The specified module could not
be found.

The exe then crashes.

Has anyone seen this problem? Has anyone a work around or solution.

We use the components available in forms 2 because we need flexibility of
control of some of the components that they give as opposed to the standard
versions. Alternatively has anyone access to, or can point to a set of
components which will give us flexibility of colour, shape, handle graphics
correctly and behave reasonably under use?

Regards

Wayne Sayers

Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Developing VB apps to run under Terminal Server

2. Problems with VB apps running under NT Terminal Server

3. running VB Apps on Terminal Server

4. VB Apps running under NT terminal Server

5. Problems with a VB6 app and Windows NT Terminal Server/Citrix Metaframe 1.8

6. Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET

7. Terminal Server and VB 6.0 App

8. Terminal Server and VB 6.0 App

9. VB app runing in Terminal Server

10. running windows app from server

11. Remotely Running Apps On a Terminal from the Term Srv

12. Terminal Server/NT Server and VB