How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??
Author Message
 How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??

I'm using a Listview control in which the width of the ListItem's text
often exceeds the width of the coloumn , and therefore shows up only
partially . Under these circumstances , I want to show a tooltip with the
full text of that ListItem ,right above that particular ListItem (like what
shows up in  Explorer , for instance) I can't use the default LitView
control's tooltip , because that shows up at an arbitrary location within
the control , whereas , in my case , I need the tooltip to be placed at a
precise position.
I did try creating my own Tooltip control using the APIs  , but I couldn't
find a
style for the Tooltip that suits my need - I can get it to display centred
, below the ListView control , but that's not even close to what I'm
looking for .

Any suggestions ??

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
 Priya
 Trisoft Design
 E 30 Connaught Place
 New Delhi 110 001 - India
 Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

 Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??

Hello,

In the event Click of you list, put this code

List.tooltiptext=list.list

Serge

Quote:

>I'm using a Listview control in which the width of the ListItem's text
>often exceeds the width of the coloumn , and therefore shows up only
>partially . Under these circumstances , I want to show a tooltip with the
>full text of that ListItem ,right above that particular ListItem (like what
>shows up in  Explorer , for instance) I can't use the default LitView
>control's tooltip , because that shows up at an arbitrary location within
>the control , whereas , in my case , I need the tooltip to be placed at a
>precise position.
>I did try creating my own Tooltip control using the APIs  , but I couldn't
>find a
>style for the Tooltip that suits my need - I can get it to display centred
>, below the ListView control , but that's not even close to what I'm
>looking for .

>Any suggestions ??

>Thanks for your time.

>Regards,
> Priya
> Trisoft Design
> E 30 Connaught Place
> New Delhi 110 001 - India
> Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

> Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??

Hi Guy ,
If by "that" , you're referring to Serge's answer , then no , that's not what I meant . I
want the tooltip to appear exactly over the ListItem , like what happens in Explorer when
the entire text of the ListItem is not visible (the tooltip appears right on top , giving
the entire text of that ListItem )

Thanks for the attached project , will let you know how it goes .

Regards,
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 -  India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
 Fax: 372 5407

Internet:http://www.trisoftdesign.com/

Quote:

> Is that what you ment?
> Guy Cohen

> > I'm using a Listview control in which the width of the ListItem's text
> > often exceeds the width of the coloumn , and therefore shows up only
> > partially . Under these circumstances , I want to show a tooltip with the
> > full text of that ListItem ,right above that particular ListItem (like what
> > shows up in  Explorer , for instance) I can't use the default LitView
> > control's tooltip , because that shows up at an arbitrary location within
> > the control , whereas , in my case , I need the tooltip to be placed at a
> > precise position.
> > I did try creating my own Tooltip control using the APIs  , but I couldn't
> > find a
> > style for the Tooltip that suits my need - I can get it to display centred
> > , below the ListView control , but that's not even close to what I'm
> > looking for .

> > Any suggestions ??

> > Thanks for your time.

> > Regards,
> >  Priya
> >  Trisoft Design
> >  E 30 Connaught Place
> >  New Delhi 110 001 - India
> >  Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

> >  Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

>                       Name: Form1.frm
>                       Type: Visual Basic Form File
>    Form1.frm                (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Form)
>                   Encoding: quoted-printable

>                          Name: Project1.vbp
>                          Type: Visual Basic Project
>    Project1.vbp                (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Project)
>                      Encoding: quoted-printable

>                          Name: PROJECT1.vbw
>    PROJECT1.vbw          Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                      Encoding: 7bit

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??

Thanks Serge , but that's not exactly what I'm looking for . Like I said , I want the
Tooltip to appear exactly over the ListItem , whereas , in this case , it appears
arbitrarily on the ListView control .

Thanks anyhow .
Regards,
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 -  India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
 Fax: 372 5407

Internet:http://www.trisoftdesign.com/

Quote:

> Hello,

> In the event Click of you list, put this code

> List.tooltiptext=list.list

> Serge

> >I'm using a Listview control in which the width of the ListItem's text
> >often exceeds the width of the coloumn , and therefore shows up only
> >partially . Under these circumstances , I want to show a tooltip with the
> >full text of that ListItem ,right above that particular ListItem (like what
> >shows up in  Explorer , for instance) I can't use the default LitView
> >control's tooltip , because that shows up at an arbitrary location within
> >the control , whereas , in my case , I need the tooltip to be placed at a
> >precise position.
> >I did try creating my own Tooltip control using the APIs  , but I couldn't
> >find a
> >style for the Tooltip that suits my need - I can get it to display centred
> >, below the ListView control , but that's not even close to what I'm
> >looking for .

> >Any suggestions ??

> >Thanks for your time.

> >Regards,
> > Priya
> > Trisoft Design
> > E 30 Connaught Place
> > New Delhi 110 001 - India
> > Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

> > Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to show tooltip for a ListItem ??

Maybe my terminology is a little wrong - I guess what I'm looking for is Titletips , not
tooltips (if that really makes a difference ??!)

Regards,
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 -  India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
 Fax: 372 5407

Internet:http://www.trisoftdesign.com/

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Listview ListItem Tooltip ???

2. Showing description of a function/sub in tooltip

3. Why Tooltip not showing in VB4-32 Bit

4. How to show tooltip in Taskbar

5. ToolTip show list item on list box ????

6. Q: How do I delay tooltip from showing??

7. Why Tooltip not showing in VB4-32 Bit

8. my control does not show the tooltip.

9. show tooltip over hidden list item

10. show a tooltip next to tray using code?

11. Show ToolTip Window

12. How o show tooltip inTaskbar