Integration of a VB app with another Windows application
Author Message
 Integration of a VB app with another Windows application

I have created a custom toolbar in VB6 , and now I want to implement the
toolbar so it is integrated into another Windows based contact manager
application. I believe that I need to make an API call to find the
location and coordinates of the application and then affix the toolbar
to corresponding coordinates. Right? This is a new step for me and I
would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Dan

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Integration of a VB app with another Windows application
See the SetParent API.

Jeremy..

Quote:

>I have created a custom toolbar in VB6 , and now I want to implement the
>toolbar so it is integrated into another Windows based contact manager
>application. I believe that I need to make an API call to find the
>location and coordinates of the application and then affix the toolbar
>to corresponding coordinates. Right? This is a new step for me and I
>would appreciate any help you can give.

>Thanks,

>Dan

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Integration of a VB app with another Windows application
Thanks, I found that out today.

I do have another question if you could help.

I want to use the GetWindowPlacement API. Public Declare Function
GetWindowPlacement Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowPlacement" (ByVal hwnd As
Long, lpwndpl As WINDOWPLACEMENT) As Long

I can supply the hWnd by using another APi call, but the lpwndpl is much
different. It is consisted of types, and I can't find away to pass that
parameter.

Any ideas?

Dan

Quote:

> See the SetParent API.

> Jeremy..

> >I have created a custom toolbar in VB6 , and now I want to implement the
> >toolbar so it is integrated into another Windows based contact manager
> >application. I believe that I need to make an API call to find the
> >location and coordinates of the application and then affix the toolbar
> >to corresponding coordinates. Right? This is a new step for me and I
> >would appreciate any help you can give.

> >Thanks,

> >Dan

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Integration of a VB app with another Windows application
WINDOWPLACEMENT is a user defined type, here is the definition:

(You have to have all 3)

Type POINTAPI ' 8 Bytes
    X As Long
    Y As Long
End Type

Type RECT ' 16 Bytes
    left As Long
    top As Long
    right As Long
    bottom As Long
End Type

Type WINDOWPLACEMENT '44 Bytes
    Length As Long
    Flags As Long
    showCmd As Long
    ptMinPosition As POINTAPI
    ptMaxPosition As POINTAPI
    rcNormalPosition As RECT
End Type

Then simply define(dim) lpwndpl as WINDOWPLACEMENT..

If you are planning on doing very much in API, I highly reccomend "Dan
Appleman's Visual Basic 5.0 Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API"   (I
believe there is a more recent book for VB 6)  It has been a life saver for
me...

Hope that helps
Jeremy...

Quote:

>Thanks, I found that out today.

>I do have another question if you could help.

>I want to use the GetWindowPlacement API. Public Declare Function
>GetWindowPlacement Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowPlacement" (ByVal hwnd As
>Long, lpwndpl As WINDOWPLACEMENT) As Long

>I can supply the hWnd by using another APi call, but the lpwndpl is much
>different. It is consisted of types, and I can't find away to pass that
>parameter.

>Any ideas?

>Dan

>> See the SetParent API.

>> Jeremy..

>> >I have created a custom toolbar in VB6 , and now I want to implement the
>> >toolbar so it is integrated into another Windows based contact manager
>> >application. I believe that I need to make an API call to find the
>> >location and coordinates of the application and then affix the toolbar
>> >to corresponding coordinates. Right? This is a new step for me and I
>> >would appreciate any help you can give.

>> >Thanks,

>> >Dan

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

2. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

3. Tablet PC / VB 6 and Windows Journal integration

4. Help on IE Browser integration with VB (Maintaining sessions between windows)

5. integration of vb desktop app and a asp web based data entry screen to same db

6. Vb to Web Sphere application server integration?

7. US-NJ IT Application Designer-VB, Lotus Notes, CASE, system integration/migration

8. VB closing app vs. Windows closing app

9. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

10. Launching Windows 95 applications from your VB application

11. fax integration in VB6 app

12. External Application Integration Problem