Installing a Font via "AddFontResourceA"
Author Message
 Installing a Font via "AddFontResourceA"

How come when I add a font using "AddFontResourceA" the font will be
installed and usable while windows is running, but when I restart windows
(Win98 SE) the font is no longer installed?..

Im trying to install fonts from a user created directory

--
Chris

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:32:40 GMT
 Installing a Font via "AddFontResourceA"
In order to have it work after a reboot, you must also add info to the
registry -- otherwise its only till reboot.

--
MichKa

the only book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> How come when I add a font using "AddFontResourceA" the font will be
> installed and usable while windows is running, but when I restart windows
> (Win98 SE) the font is no longer installed?..

> Im trying to install fonts from a user created directory

> --
> Chris

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 07:12:18 GMT
 Installing a Font via "AddFontResourceA"
Have a look at the "Fonts.bas" file on our site.
There's all the code needed to install and deinstall both True Type and
Bitmap fonts.

--
Hope this helps ...

Rene Whitworth
Whitworth Software Solutions - Germany
http://www.w-s-s.de
Please reply to the newsgroup :-)

Quote:
> How come when I add a font using "AddFontResourceA" the font will be
> installed and usable while windows is running, but when I restart windows
> (Win98 SE) the font is no longer installed?..

> Im trying to install fonts from a user created directory

> --
> Chris

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:51:33 GMT

1. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

2. "Small Fonts" and "Large Fonts"

3. How to Set Font, then "TypeText"...?

4. Help, please ("Large Fonts" problem)

5. "Large fonts" problem

6. Getting only "thin" TrueType Fonts

7. detecting "Large Fonts"

8. Security on "installed" templates

9. Call A Sub Via "ByVal"

10. Change column prop - "required" via ADOX

11. Recordset via "TRIM"

12. How to install "Msjet 3.51"