newbi question: how do I trap a doubleclick event from app x
Author Message
 newbi question: how do I trap a doubleclick event from app x
I am trying to understand  how to trap a doubleclick event sent from "appX"
 and replace it with my own response if condition Y is met else do nothing.
Since I do not know when the event is fired as it depends on user
interaction I guess I also must use some sort of "timer". Is this an
excercise in futility ?

Any tips re. relevant documentation / literature are appreciated.

Sigge

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 newbi question: how do I trap a doubleclick event from app x
This sounds very much like an excercise to subclassing.

You need to set your own message handler for the actions you want to trap
and do your own coding of all the messages you want to behave in a certain
way.

Check out an excellent article about that at

http://www.chez.com/gabz/tutorial_00.html

HTH
Ole

Quote:

>I am trying to understand  how to trap a doubleclick event sent from "appX"
> and replace it with my own response if condition Y is met else do nothing.
>Since I do not know when the event is fired as it depends on user
>interaction I guess I also must use some sort of "timer". Is this an
>excercise in futility ?

>Any tips re. relevant documentation / literature are appreciated.

>Sigge

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView: Trapping ColumnHeader DoubleClick and Resizing

2. Trap mouse Events outside my app

3. double click VB3 app icon - trap event how?

4. Why does SS Tab trap key events before the form traps them

5. Question about trapping browser events

6. VB Web Browser Control/Trapping events question...

7. Does the shape object has a doubleClick event?

8. DoubleClick-event

9. Doubleclick event

10. Capturing a Shape's DoubleClick Event from VB

11. Catching the DoubleClick Event

12. StatusBar DoubleClick Event