Killing an App with no window or taskbar button
Author Message
 Killing an App with no window or taskbar button

I have an application running in the background that I need to kill from
inside a Visual Basic application.  The application I want to kill has no
window on screen, nor does it have a button on the taskbar, therefore,
FindWindow will not return the hWnd of the application.

The application, however, DOES have an icon on the system tray, and a process
listed in the CTRL-ALT-DEL end task dialog.

Is there any way I can terminate this application from inside a VB app?

Craig

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing an App with no window or taskbar button

Hi craig...the solution for this is the dll i have wriiten and the source
code will be on the web on my site this weekend, i still have to upload, it
will fire event and also give the processid  for each task found in the
background, you can then kill processid.

my site : www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8469

The code will be uploaded on the week end.

hope this helps.
bye.

Quote:
> I have an application running in the background that I need to kill from
> inside a Visual Basic application.  The application I want to kill has no
> window on screen, nor does it have a button on the taskbar, therefore,
> FindWindow will not return the hWnd of the application.

> The application, however, DOES have an icon on the system tray, and a
process
> listed in the CTRL-ALT-DEL end task dialog.

> Is there any way I can terminate this application from inside a VB app?

> Craig

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing an apps taskbar button during run-time

2. Hide apps button on taskbar

3. Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button

4. form button in window's taskbar

5. finding my window's taskbar button

6. Kill App in Windows 9x

7. Create window Buttons in taskbar (runtime)

8. Hiding Windows Taskbar or Disabling Start button

9. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

10. Killing apps from VB App

11. How to launch and kill an app from my app

12. Kill a Program in the TaskBar???