Adding users to NT groups
Author Message
 Adding users to NT groups

Hey all,

I am trying to add users from a remote station to an NT server.  Note, this
NT server is neither a Primary Domain Controller, nor a Backup Domain
Controller.  It is merely a machine running NT Server (which is a
requirement for the software it has loaded) which resides on another domain.

I have found the net api calls for NetUserEnum, NetUserAdd, etc, from the
Microsoft knowledge base, and have been able to get the AddUser function to
work, but I need to add users to a specific group on this machine.  The
files from Microsoft say that the function for adding users only works for
global groups, which the group I am trying to add to is not.

I'll take any advice...

thanks

Brent

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding users to NT groups

From the Microsoft SDK...

Global group functions:
NetGroupAdd
NetGroupAddUser
NetGroupDel
NetGroupDelUser
NetGroupEnum
NetGroupGetInfo
NetGroupGetUsers
NetGroupSetInfo
NetGroupSetUsers

Local Group Functions:
NetLocalGroupAdd
NetLocalGroupAddMembers
NetLocalGroupDel
NetLocalGroupDelMembers
NetLocalGroupEnum
NetLocalGroupGetInfo
NetLocalGroupGetMembers
NetLocalGroupSetInfo
NetLocalGroupSetMembers

Hope this helps,
Rod Clark

Quote:
> Hey all,

> I am trying to add users from a remote station to an NT server.  Note,
this
> NT server is neither a Primary Domain Controller, nor a Backup Domain
> Controller.  It is merely a machine running NT Server (which is a
> requirement for the software it has loaded) which resides on another
domain.

> I have found the net api calls for NetUserEnum, NetUserAdd, etc, from the
> Microsoft knowledge base, and have been able to get the AddUser function
> work, but I need to add users to a specific group on this machine.  The
> files from Microsoft say that the function for adding users only works
for
> global groups, which the group I am trying to add to is not.

> I'll take any advice...

> thanks

> Brent

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding users to NT groups

2. Add a NT user to a Group

3. Add NT groups to user via ASP

4. API call for adding NT user/group account??

5. API for adding NT user/group account?

6. Adding multiple users or groups to local groups

7. NT user name & user groups

8. COM Adding a user(account) on the nt database(user domain)

9. Adding Local Groups (NT) to share

10. Adding Local Groups (NT) to Share

11. Adding Local Groups (NT) to share

12. Q: Adding local group (NT) to Share