User and GDI heap usage
Author Message
 User and GDI heap usage

To All:
    Is there a ocx or a call that I can get the % used ( or % free) of each
of these? I know windows 95 and 98 know how to do it. I would like to access
them from vb.
Thanks!
Ken

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 User and GDI heap usage
Looking at the API Viewer:
There are two bit of code.
Under Declares - GlobalMemoryStatus

Declare Sub GlobalMemoryStatus Lib "kernel32" Alias "GlobalMemoryStatus"
(lpBuffer As MEMORYSTATUS)

Under Types - MEMORYSTATUS

Type MEMORYSTATUS
        dwLength As Long
        dwMemoryLoad As Long
        dwTotalPhys As Long
        dwAvailPhys As Long
        dwTotalPageFile As Long
        dwAvailPageFile As Long
        dwTotalVirtual As Long
        dwAvailVirtual As Long
End Type

Each of the values is in bytes (I think)
Hope this helps...

Jevon

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

Quote:

>To All:
>    Is there a ocx or a call that I can get the % used ( or % free) of each
>of these? I know windows 95 and 98 know how to do it. I would like to
access
>them from vb.
>Thanks!
>Ken

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win98 and the GDI Heap

2. Naive question from an outdated Techy - GDI heap status in VB6

3. How can I monitor the GDI usage ?

4. 30% user heap limit

5. 30% User Heap Limit

6. VB 4.0 (32 Bit) and User Heap

7. bitblt gdi+/gdi

8. How to retrieve free GDI and USER resources

9. Free GDI, User, and System Resources

10. GPF with GDI.EXE and USER.EXE

11. USER/GDI

12. Get GDI and User resource