dll version
Author Message
 dll version

You know how when you have a dll on your system you can right click on the
file in Explorer, click the version tab and see the dll version?  I want to
write a function in VB that will return the version number when a file name
is passed to it.  Is there an API call or some such that I can use?

Thanks

Stephanie

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dll version

Quote:
>You know how when you have a dll on your system you can right click on the
>file in Explorer, click the version tab and see the dll version?  I want to
>write a function in VB that will return the version number when a file name
>is passed to it.  Is there an API call or some such that I can use?

Stephanie,

Take a look at Karl E Petersons FileInfo sample at
http://www.mvps.org/vb/

Mattias

Mattias "beezo" Sj?gren

http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dll version
Thanks!  That ought to do it!

> >You know how when you have a dll on your system you can right click on
the
> >file in Explorer, click the version tab and see the dll version?  I want
> >write a function in VB that will return the version number when a file
name
> >is passed to it.  Is there an API call or some such that I can use?

> Stephanie,

> Take a look at Karl E Petersons FileInfo sample at
> http://www.mvps.org/vb/

> Mattias

> Mattias "beezo" Sj?gren

> http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dll version

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 dll version
OK for Vb 5/6... but for VB3?!?!

Thanks in advance

Quote:
> >You know how when you have a dll on your system you can right click on
the
> >file in Explorer, click the version tab and see the dll version?  I want
> >write a function in VB that will return the version number when a file
name
> >is passed to it.  Is there an API call or some such that I can use?

> Stephanie,

> Take a look at Karl E Petersons FileInfo sample at
> http://www.mvps.org/vb/

> Mattias

> Mattias "beezo" Sj?gren

> http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dll version

For those API function calls that have 16-bit versions see:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q112/7/31.asp

Paul
~~~~

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT