How can I debug a program that freezes in a API CALL?
Author Message
 How can I debug a program that freezes in a API CALL?

Hi everybody,

        I am experiencing a little problem with a program I wrote in VB 4.0, that
uses Simple Mapi under NT 4.0.

        The program works fine, but from time to time it freezes when calling a
Mapi function (the same call works fine except when it hungs).

        Is there any tool that could help me debug this situation?

Thanks.
Guillermo Talento Lane

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I debug a program that freezes in a API CALL?

NuMega has a de{*filter*} for compiled VB code, called "SmartCheck."  I tried a beta
version (I think it's in general release now) and had good results with catching API
parameter errors.  However, if the code is working sometimes, it sounds like it would
be difficult to track down.

Quote:

> Hi everybody,

>         I am experiencing a little problem with a program I wrote in VB 4.0, that
> uses Simple Mapi under NT 4.0.

>         The program works fine, but from time to time it freezes when calling a
> Mapi function (the same call works fine except when it hungs).

>         Is there any tool that could help me debug this situation?

> Thanks.
> Guillermo Talento Lane

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. seeing what api calls are called from a program

3. API Hot Key call in VB program to activate another resident program

4. API to Call AS400 program from PC

5. Program for finding API Calls in DLLs

6. Serial Port Programming: Learn a Use API calls.

7. API-call for finding running programs?

8. Program Manager API calls?

9. Need Win32 API Calls to find Handle of a Program Running in Windows95

10. What API call to shut down another program?

11. Calling API functions from VC++ program

12. API calls to run an external program