Any api that can shut down a running process?
Author Message
 Any api that can shut down a running process?

I posted this a while back and got no takers.  Anyone out there an API guru?

Greetings

I would like to make a little routine that shuts down a process that isn't
shutting itself down properly (it's Outlook '97 - apparent memory leak).  Is
there any way to do this?

tia,
Mike

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any api that can shut down a running process?
have you looked at  the TerminateProcess API Call?

Quote:
> I posted this a while back and got no takers.  Anyone out there an API
guru?

> Greetings

> I would like to make a little routine that shuts down a process that
isn't
> shutting itself down properly (it's Outlook '97 - apparent memory leak).
Is
> there any way to do this?

> tia,
> Mike

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any api that can shut down a running process?
No, but I will now <g>.  Many thanks for taking the time.  Guess I'll have
to get a copy of that api book everyone keeps mentioning!
Quote:

>have you looked at  the TerminateProcess API Call?

>> I posted this a while back and got no takers.  Anyone out there an API
>guru?

>> Greetings

>> I would like to make a little routine that shuts down a process that
>isn't
>> shutting itself down properly (it's Outlook '97 - apparent memory leak).
>Is
>> there any way to do this?

>> tia,
>> Mike

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shut down, how to intercept shut down?

2. Problem shutting down Excel-process

3. Problem shutting down Excel-process

4. Problem shutting down Excel-process

5. How to shut down an ActiveX process?

6. Shutting down a process

7. Shut down a process from vb code?

8. Need Help in shutting down a DOS process

9. API function: How to shut-down XP ?

10. Running code when Win98 shuts down

11. How to shut down running app and automatically start a new one

12. VB API - Shut Down Windows