How to draw a bitmap to a ListBox / ListView background ?
Author Message
 How to draw a bitmap to a ListBox / ListView background ?

Is it possible to draw an image on a ListView / Listbox control background  ? I tried
getting the DC  of a ListBox using GetDC (mydc = GetDC(listbox.hwnd) and then using
SelectObject (mydc,picturebox1.picture.handle)
, but SelectObject returned 0 .
Any suggestions ??

Thanks for your time .
Regards,
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 -  India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
 Fax: 372 5407

Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to draw a bitmap to a ListBox / ListView background ?

Hi,

You will have to create an owner drawn list box.  An example of this on Ben
Baird's Visual Basic Thunder site,
http://www.{*filter*}highway.com/~psy/vbthunder/index.html.

Regards,

Garth Oatley

Quote:
> Is it possible to draw an image on a ListView / Listbox control

background  ? I tried
Quote:
> getting the DC  of a ListBox using GetDC (mydc = GetDC(listbox.hwnd) and
then using
> SelectObject (mydc,picturebox1.picture.handle)
> , but SelectObject returned 0 .
> Any suggestions ??

> Thanks for your time .
> Regards,
> Priya
> Trisoft Design
> E 30 Connaught Place
> New Delhi 110 001 -  India
> Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
>  Fax: 372 5407

> Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to draw a bitmap to a ListBox / ListView background ?

Thanks !!

Regards,
 Priya
 Trisoft Design
 E 30 Connaught Place
 New Delhi 110 001 - India
 Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

 Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Hi,

> You will have to create an owner drawn list box.  An example of this on
Ben
> Baird's Visual Basic Thunder site,
> http://www.{*filter*}highway.com/~psy/vbthunder/index.html.

> Regards,

> Garth Oatley

> > Is it possible to draw an image on a ListView / Listbox control
> background  ? I tried
> > getting the DC  of a ListBox using GetDC (mydc = GetDC(listbox.hwnd)
and
> then using
> > SelectObject (mydc,picturebox1.picture.handle)
> > , but SelectObject returned 0 .
> > Any suggestions ??

> > Thanks for your time .
> > Regards,
> > Priya
> > Trisoft Design
> > E 30 Connaught Place
> > New Delhi 110 001 -  India
> > Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653
> >  Fax: 372 5407

> > Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to draw a bitmap to a ListBox / ListView background ?

2. Can I draw a background on a ListView?

3. Listbox or listview owner draw

4. changing the background of a listview item in the listview control

5. Max size of a new System.Drawing.Bitmap

6. Draw a string onto a bitmap object

7. Draw bitmap on MDI form in VB3.0

8. Bitmap drawing problem

9. how to draw a simple bitmap onto a window

10. Help CoolMenus, Bitmap Menus or Owner Draw Menus

11. Drawing a line over a bitmap, then removing it

12. draw bitmap on picturebox given bitmapinfoheader