Manipulate user's screen saver???
Author Message
 Manipulate user's screen saver???

I'm working on a multimedia presentation program.

Does anyone know how to access the user's screen saver to see if it is
enabled?  And if so, how to turn it off for the duration of my program?

I'm under a deadline and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Wilhelm

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Manipulate user's screen saver???

Dave-
    Did you see the responses to your previous post on this
subject? (Looked OK to me...Especially the MSDN links from
Steve G.)

Joe

Microsoft Developer MVP Visual Basic
Try Yankee Clipper Plus( April 1998 PCWorld "Best
Free Stuff Online" )
http://www.tiac.net/users/lvasseur/ycphome.html

>I'm working on a multimedia presentation program.

>Does anyone know how to access the user's screen saver to see if it is
>enabled?  And if so, how to turn it off for the duration of my program?

>I'm under a deadline and any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Dave Wilhelm

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Manipulate user's screen saver???

Try using the API function SystemParametersInfo to check and change settings
for the system's screensaver.

Steve G.

Check out these two documents
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/techart/html/msdn43.htm
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/sdkdoc/sysinfo_4p67.htm

Quote:

>I'm working on a multimedia presentation program.

>Does anyone know how to access the user's screen saver to see if it is
>enabled?  And if so, how to turn it off for the duration of my program?

>I'm under a deadline and any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Dave Wilhelm

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - Is user's screen saver enabled???

2. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

3. Screen saver 'preview window'?

4. Preventing a user from capturing a screen saver image

5. Screen saver user account?

6. Screen saver user account

7. Closing NT4's screen saver - contains code

8. VB5 app doesn't refresh correctly when screen saver has finished

9. Launching the screen saver help (why doesn't this work)

10. Screen Saver Preview (Based off Jens's Code)

11. Win '95 kills VB Screen Saver Compiles?

12. Screen Saver Won't Allow Monitor to Enter Low Power Mode