Q: get text of panels of a status bar
Author Message
 Q: get text of panels of a status bar

Hi there,

 Is there any API to return the text of a certain panel
of a status bar using VB ?

 If I set the style of status bar to be SimpleStyle, I can
use GetWindowText API to retrieve the text of the status
bar. But, when the status bar has more than one panel,
it does not work.

 Since there is no GetPaneText API in VB, does anybody
have idea of retrieving the text of a panel of status bar ?

 Any hint will be appreciated.

                        Yan Zhou

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: get text of panels of a status bar

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Q: get text of panels of a status bar

|Hi there,
|
| Is there any API to return the text of a certain panel
|of a status bar using VB ?
|
| If I set the style of status bar to be SimpleStyle, I can
|use GetWindowText API to retrieve the text of the status
|bar. But, when the status bar has more than one panel,
|it does not work.
|
| Since there is no GetPaneText API in VB, does anybody
|have idea of retrieving the text of a panel of status bar ?

The native properties and methods don't work for you?  Somthing like:

  Dim sText As String

  sText = statusbar1.Panels(2).Text

;-) Cool
Hasta Luego
Adrian Maull [MCSD]
http://www.zebra.net/~adrianm/index.html

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting hWnd of Panel in Status Bar control

2. How you see text on status bar panel with Stye = OwnerDraw

3. Status bar - panel text property

4. FLICKER IN SCROLLING TEXT (Status Bar Panel)

5. CapsLock & Numlock status in Status Bar Panels

6. Status Bar Insert Panel reports the wrong status

7. Progress bar in a Status bar panel?

8. VB5: Adding Progress Bar To Status Bar Panel?

9. Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel

10. Progress Bar in Status Bar Panel ?

11. Progress bar in status bar panel - how?

12. How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel