Hiding the maximize/restore button on MDI form
Author Message
 Hiding the maximize/restore button on MDI form

Hi.

I know I have seen this somewhere, but I can't find it.
How does one hide or disables the maximize/restore button on the caption of
a MDI parent form?

TIA.

vmlf.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Hiding the maximize/restore button on MDI form
sorry for answer my own post, but I finally found the piece of paper where I
had printed the solution. Here it is, in case someone wonders:

In the load event of the MDI form do:

private sub MDIForm_load()
    dim l as long
    l = getwindowlong(me.hwnd, GWL_STYLE)
    l = l and not(WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)
    l = setwindowlong(me.hwnd, GWL_STYLE, l)
end sub

It was from a Microsoft technical support paper (Article ID: Q137033)

Bye

vmlf.

Quote:

>Hi.

>I know I have seen this somewhere, but I can't find it.
>How does one hide or disables the maximize/restore button on the caption of
>a MDI parent form?

>TIA.

>vmlf.

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to hide the maximize/restore and close-button on a maximized form

2. How to hide the minimize, restore and close button on a maximized form

3. How to have MDI forms in restored and maximized mode at the same time

4. Which message indicates MDI form itself maximized/restored?

5. 'Restore Window' button on maximized Form

6. Hiding maximized MDI Child forms

7. MDI child forms, hide/show/restore size problem

8. Disallowing maximize button on MDI child form

9. Disabling Maximize Button on an MDI FORM????

10. MDI form Restore button

11. problem restoring state of (NON-MDI) child windows when parent form restores

12. maximize/restore button