BitMaps in ListView Header
Author Message
 BitMaps in ListView Header

Hi there,

You'll know that from Explorer or else: There's a small arrow on the Header
of the sorted listview-column pointing up or down depending on the
sorting-direction.
I'd like to set these arrows too in my prog. I found out in any win32sdk
Helpfile of structures and so on where one should be able to set all these
additional things.
Unfortunately I do NOT know doing that, cause I add Columns about the
properties-dialog or .columheaders.add where VB5 doesn't have any items for
pics.

Hey, anyone out there should be knowing that, eh?

Would be pretty nice!
Thanks,

F. Schmitt

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BitMaps in ListView Header

Guten tag Herr Schnitt!

I believe you will be pleased with VB6 and its new ListView control, which incorporates most of the stuff which currently has to be done using API calls, and which includes header icons.

Till then, you might be able to use the up-arrow and down-arrow in the ASCII character set, perhaps?

Wiederschreiben,
Bertie

Quote:

>Hi there,

>You'll know that from Explorer or else: There's a small arrow on the Header
>of the sorted listview-column pointing up or down depending on the
>sorting-direction.
>I'd like to set these arrows too in my prog. I found out in any win32sdk
>Helpfile of structures and so on where one should be able to set all these
>additional things.
>Unfortunately I do NOT know doing that, cause I add Columns about the
>properties-dialog or .columheaders.add where VB5 doesn't have any items for
>pics.

>Hey, anyone out there should be knowing that, eh?

>Would be pretty nice!
>Thanks,

>F. Schmitt

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BitMaps in ListView Header

VBNet has got an example of how to implement Icons in a listview header control

Regards

Chris Eastwood
Software Engineer
ACNielsen Ltd

    Guten tag Herr Schnitt!

    I believe you will be pleased with VB6 and its new ListView control, which incorporates most of the stuff which currently has to be done using API calls, and which includes header icons.

    Till then, you might be able to use the up-arrow and down-arrow in the ASCII character set, perhaps?

    Wiederschreiben,
    Bertie

    >Hi there,
    >
    >You'll know that from Explorer or else: There's a small arrow on the Header
    >of the sorted listview-column pointing up or down depending on the
    >sorting-direction.
    >I'd like to set these arrows too in my prog. I found out in any win32sdk
    >Helpfile of structures and so on where one should be able to set all these
    >additional things.
    >Unfortunately I do NOT know doing that, cause I add Columns about the
    >properties-dialog or .columheaders.add where VB5 doesn't have any items for
    >pics.
    >
    >Hey, anyone out there should be knowing that, eh?
    >
    >Would be pretty nice!
    >Thanks,
    >
    >F. Schmitt

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BitMaps in ListView Header

Quote:

>Hi there,

>You'll know that from Explorer or else: There's a small arrow on the Header
>of the sorted listview-column pointing up or down depending on the
>sorting-direction.
>I'd like to set these arrows too in my prog. I found out in any win32sdk
>Helpfile of structures and so on where one should be able to set all these
>additional things.
>Unfortunately I do NOT know doing that, cause I add Columns about the
>properties-dialog or .columheaders.add where VB5 doesn't have any items for
>pics.

>Hey, anyone out there should be knowing that, eh?

>Would be pretty nice!
>Thanks,

>F. Schmitt

Frank,

Go to www.mvps.org/vbnet (Common Controls section - should do the trick)

Hasta Luego
am

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BitMaps in ListView Header

F. Schmitt wrote ..

Quote:
>Hi there,

>You'll know that from Explorer or else: There's a small arrow on the Header
>of the sorted listview-column pointing up or down depending on the
>sorting-direction.
>I'd like to set these arrows too in my prog. I found out in any win32sdk
>Helpfile of structures and so on where one should be able to set all these
>additional things.
>Unfortunately I do NOT know doing that, cause I add Columns about the
>properties-dialog or .columheaders.add where VB5 doesn't have any items for
>pics.

>Hey, anyone out there should be knowing that, eh?

>Would be pretty nice!
>Thanks,

>F. Schmitt

Frank,

Go to www.mvps.org/vbnet
Hop over to the Common Controls section and that should do the trick!

Hasta Luego
am

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BitMaps in ListView Header

2. BitMaps in ListView Header

3. Listview Header Bitmaps

4. Updating header as bitmaps

5. Display Bitmaps in Sub Items and column Headers of List View During Report View

6. HOW TO: ListView & TreeView Bitmaps WITHOUT ImageList

7. TreeView/ListView bitmaps source?

8. HOW TO: ListView & TreeView Bitmaps WITHOUT ImageList

9. Listview find Column Header Text

10. ListView multi-lined column headers

11. Listview Column Header Icon

12. How to change color of ListView column header?