Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Author Message
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock

Hi there,

I am making use of the flex-grid, and are using SendKeys with the various
arrows to move through the grid manually.  But when I send this command the
num-lock flashes every time, and CAN change state - which is very unhelpful
when entering data using the number pad.

Is there any way around this - perhaps sending a message to the flex grid to
move to a cell??

I would really appreciate any feedback,

Thanks,
Julian.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock

Hi all,
I've run into the same problem as Julian,  not just with the flex-grid but with
textboxes aswell. I'm using the SendKeys"{tab}" to move focus on Keypress=enter.

Are we doing the right thing??!?
 TIA
/Kjell Hansen

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Hi Julian,

The problem with Sendkeys playing with NumLock is well known, well at least
in the MS Office environment.  But I think it affects VB as well.

Possible workarounds:  Don't use 'em :);  if you must, then pack the
separate Sendkeys into one statement, instead of multiple Sendkeys;  put a
DoEvents between different SendKeys statement.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Hi there,
:
:I am making use of the flex-grid, and are using SendKeys with the various
:arrows to move through the grid manually.  But when I send this command the
:num-lock flashes every time, and CAN change state - which is very unhelpful
:when entering data using the number pad.
:
:Is there any way around this - perhaps sending a message to the flex grid
:move to a cell??
:
:I would really appreciate any feedback,
:
:Thanks,
:Julian.
:
:

Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Hi Graham
Thanx for your effort.

I _sounds_ like it's the solution to my problem. With the warningbeeps
on CapsLock and NumLock turned on it's very anoying.

Regards
Kjell Hansen

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock

Sorry Graham :-(
The idea of using SendMessage instead of SendKeys was good, but it
didn't work out for me.
I want the focus moved from one textbox to the next in tab order when
pressing the Enter key.
My code is as follows:

     Private Sub Text1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
         If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then
             SendTab
         End If
     End Sub

     Sub SendTab()
     Dim l_ret As Long
         l_ret = SendMessageByNum(Screen.ActiveControl.hWnd,
     WM_CHAR, 9, 0)
     End Sub

All I get when pressing Enter is a double beep (both from the Keypress
event on a non writeable char, i.e. 13, 9)

How do I make the focus move to the next textbox on pressing Enter??

TIA
Kjell Hansen

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Doesn't the FORM handle the Tab key ?
You should set KeyAscii to 0 in the KeyPress event

Hope this helps ...

Whitworth Software Solutions
Ren Whitworth

www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8928 (under construction)

Quote:
>Sorry Graham :-(
>The idea of using SendMessage instead of SendKeys was good, but it
>didn't work out for me.
>I want the focus moved from one textbox to the next in tab order when
>pressing the Enter key.
>My code is as follows:

>     Private Sub Text1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
>         If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then
>             SendTab
>         End If
>     End Sub

>     Sub SendTab()
>     Dim l_ret As Long
>         l_ret = SendMessageByNum(Screen.ActiveControl.hWnd,
>     WM_CHAR, 9, 0)
>     End Sub

>All I get when pressing Enter is a double beep (both from the Keypress
>event on a non writeable char, i.e. 13, 9)

>How do I make the focus move to the next textbox on pressing Enter??

>TIA
>Kjell Hansen

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock

Quote:

> You should set KeyAscii to 0 in the KeyPress event

Yes, I should.But that's not my problem. The problem is that focus don't
move on pressing enter.

Quote:
> Doesn't the FORM handle the Tab key ?

Come again??

Regards
Kjell

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn And Shift = 0 Then
        KeyAscii = 0
        SendKeys "{Tab}"
    End If
End Sub

Copy - Paste the above code to your app and try it (be shure to have
KeyPreview of the form set to True)

Hope this helps ...

Whitworth Software Solutions
Ren Whitworth

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8928 (under construction)

Quote:

>> You should set KeyAscii to 0 in the KeyPress event

>Yes, I should.But that's not my problem. The problem is that focus don't
>move on pressing enter.

>> Doesn't the FORM handle the Tab key ?

>Come again??

>Regards
>Kjell

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock
Sorry Ren
I want to get around sendkeys since it's affecting the Num-lock. That's the
starting point of the discussion!

/Kjell Hansen

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Keys effects Num-Lock

Well, maybe it shouldn't
It does anyway. Try the Accessibility Options and turn on sounds for
changing the CapsLock- and NumLock-status, then you'll hear its changes.
Very annoying...

Give my regards to Jeeves
/Kjell

Quote:

>  Kjell, I believe SendKeys only affects NumLock in special
> circumstances. It's when multiple SendKeys are sent in quick
> succession. It shouldn't happen with an isolated key being sent, and
> it shouldn't happen when a single SendKeys is used to send a string of
> keys. (That's from memory of a KB article I read recently.) Bertie

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send Keys effects Num-Lock

2. Setting Num Lock and Caps Lock key states

3. Locking the Numlock Key

4. How I can Lock the NumLock-key with VB5.0

5. How to lock the numlock key ?

6. How I can Lock the NumLock Key with VB5

7. Num lock key - Wierd behaviour

8. Key State Control (Num Lock Status)

9. Send numlock key by API function on NT Workstation

10. HELP: Lock on Num Lock?

11. Shift Lock/Num Lock

12. GetKeyState for Caps Lock or Num Lock...