Access - User-Level Security?
Author Message
 Access - User-Level Security?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have tried everywhere else ...  :-)

I have an issue where I'm using User-Level security to secure my database, but
if I copy it to a machine that is using non-secured databases they can view my
secured database contents due to the fact that the "Admin" user created the
database.  Regardless if I take the privileges away from "Admin", it can still
access the Database because it was created with the user "Admin".  Basically, I
want to secure an un-secured Database from within a VB application.

1) Can I programmatically remove "Admin" user privileges from Database Objects
using DAO?

2) Can I programmatically set the database owner to another administrative user
without creating a new database and importing all of the objects over?

I need to be able to do this without using MS-Access Security Wizard.

Thanks - Todd

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:53:19 GMT
[...]

I suggest you get a copy of the Access 97 or 2000 developer's handbook by
Getz, Litwin & Gilbert (or go down to the bookshop & read up !)

This book covers everything you need to know about Access security.

Regards, Stuart

Quote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have tried everywhere else ...
:-)

> I have an issue where I'm using User-Level security to secure my database,
but
> if I copy it to a machine that is using non-secured databases they can
view my
> secured database contents due to the fact that the "Admin" user created
the
> database.  Regardless if I take the privileges away from "Admin", it can
still
> access the Database because it was created with the user "Admin".
Basically, I
> want to secure an un-secured Database from within a VB application.

> 1) Can I programmatically remove "Admin" user privileges from Database
Objects
> using DAO?

> 2) Can I programmatically set the database owner to another administrative
user
> without creating a new database and importing all of the objects over?

> I need to be able to do this without using MS-Access Security Wizard.

> Thanks - Todd

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:17:14 GMT

1. Access User Level Security HELP!!

2. ADODC & Access User-Level Security...?

3. VB6, ADO, and writing to an Access 2000 db with user level security

4. Opening an Access file with the User Level security feature

5. OpenDataSource name argument and user-level security

6. User-level security & OpenDataSource name argument

7. Security - User Level

8. User-Level Security problem

9. VB5, Crystal 4.6.1 -User Level Security password

10. Crystal and User Level Security passwords

11. Stucked on client's machine in user level security

12. User Level security Novice