Property let on design time
Author Message
 Property let on design time

Hi All,

When you draw a Label (or a Text Box) control and you change the
Label1.Caption property (or Text1.Text property) in the property window you
will see the changes even when you typing, but if you draw a control and
setting a Property Let - you will see the changes only when you have
completed writing the property in the property window.

I want to know if it possible to make the Property Let behavior exactly like
Label1.Caption (or the Text1.Text) behavior.

thanks,
    Netanel Fischler.

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:57:02 GMT
 Property let on design time

Quote:
> When you draw a Label (or a Text Box) control and you change the
> Label1.Caption property (or Text1.Text property) in the property window you
> will see the changes even when you typing, but if you draw a control and
> setting a Property Let - you will see the changes only when you have
> completed writing the property in the property window.

You can do this by opening the Procedure Attributes dialog box, and changing the
Procedure ID to Caption or Text.  Note that this will break binary
compatibility.

-- Matthew Solnit

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:12:03 GMT
 Property let on design time
Note that this is why Caption is not the default property on a Label and
Text is not the default property on a TextBox (_Default is the default
property for both). The default is keyed off of 0 and the other off
DISPID_TEXT (-517) [I didn't know Caption did the same thing], so one
property can't serve both purposes. This is somewhat unfortunate as the
default property is often the natural choice for the Text property as
well. -Matt

Quote:

> You can do this by opening the Procedure Attributes dialog box, and
changing the
> Procedure ID to Caption or Text.  Note that this will break binary
> compatibility.

> -- Matthew Solnit

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:01:14 GMT

1. Property let on design time

2. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

3. Accessing design time properties in run time

4. Design-time properties in Run-time Controls

5. Design time or run time, setting properties

6. Assign a treeview at design run time to other at design time

7. Userform Visibility property in design time

8. Property shows a list at design time

9. Custom Control with Design Time only properties

10. *** Refreshing control at design time when property changed?

11. Showing/Hiding Properties at design time

12. DBCombo Control Crashes System at Design Time (Record Source Property)