Writing events to the NT Event Log
Author Message
 Writing events to the NT Event Log

When ever I write an event to the NT event log, I get the following text
added to the message I an writing tohte event log...

The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Project1 ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s):

So the big question is, how do I register a description for a given event ID
in my application? (I'm using ReportEventA API call to write the event)

If possible, please respond to the news group and also to

Thanks!

Dale

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing events to the NT Event Log
I believe only 1,2 and 4 are available.  they represent
1       Error
2       Warning
4       Information
I dont think you can declare a custom type

--
Kenneth Conner MCSD
Alpha-Pack Software

Quote:
> When ever I write an event to the NT event log, I get the following text
> added to the message I an writing tohte event log...

> The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Project1 ) could not be
> found. It contains the following insertion string(s):

> So the big question is, how do I register a description for a given event
ID
> in my application? (I'm using ReportEventA API call to write the event)

> If possible, please respond to the news group and also to

> Thanks!

> Dale

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Event Log: Writing to the NT Event Log

2. Does anyone know how to write an event into NT Event Log

3. Making an Event Log Message File in VB (NOT WRITING TO THE EVENT LOG)

4. Logging events to NT Event Log from VB5

5. Write events to the event log ?

6. Write to NT event log

7. Writing to the Windows NT Event Log - Example please

8. Write NT Event Log in VB 5

9. Write to NT's Event Log

10. Writing to NT Event Logs

11. Write errors at Windows Nt Event Log

12. Write error at Windows NT Event Log