Delete without it going to trash bin
Author Message
 Delete without it going to trash bin

How can I delete a file without it going to trash bin?  These are files I'm
creating, as temp files then deleting them.  I don't want the end users to
see the content inside these temp files as they show up under norton trash
bin.  Any suggestions?

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
Try Kill Path:\Filename
--
Gunner
Semper Fi

t>...

Quote:
>How can I delete a file without it going to trash bin?  These are files I'm
>creating, as temp files then deleting them.  I don't want the end users to
>see the content inside these temp files as they show up under norton trash
>bin.  Any suggestions?

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
Try Kill Path:\Filename
--
Gunner
Semper Fi
MCSFBN FAST CO NORVA
"We kick ass so you don't have to"
--

t>...

Quote:
>How can I delete a file without it going to trash bin?  These are files I'm
>creating, as temp files then deleting them.  I don't want the end users to
>see the content inside these temp files as they show up under norton trash
>bin.  Any suggestions?

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
When you use the Kill statement.... it wont recycle your files.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
Kill will not recycle for Windows, but Norton still picks it up!

Quote:

>Try Kill Path:\Filename
>--
>Gunner
>Semper Fi
>MCSFBN FAST CO NORVA
>"We kick ass so you don't have to"
>--

>t>...
>>How can I delete a file without it going to trash bin?  These are files
I'm
>>creating, as temp files then deleting them.  I don't want the end users to
>>see the content inside these temp files as they show up under norton trash
>>bin.  Any suggestions?

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
Kill will not recycle for Windows, but Norton still picks it up!

Quote:

>Try Kill Path:\Filename
>--
>Gunner
>Semper Fi
>MCSFBN FAST CO NORVA
>"We kick ass so you don't have to"
>--

>t>...
>>How can I delete a file without it going to trash bin?  These are files
I'm
>>creating, as temp files then deleting them.  I don't want the end users to
>>see the content inside these temp files as they show up under norton trash
>>bin.  Any suggestions?

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
Kill will not recycle for Windows, but Norton still picks it up!

Quote:
>When you use the Kill statement.... it wont recycle your files.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete without it going to trash bin
If you're really paranoid, do this:

Public Sub WipeFile(ByVal FileName As String)

    Dim Block1 As String, Block2 As String, Blocks As Long
    Dim hFile As Integer, i As Long, Offset As Long

    '//Assign two buffers with 'wipe-out characters'
    Const BLOCKSIZE = 4096
    Block1 = String(BLOCKSIZE, "X")
    Block2 = String(BLOCKSIZE, " ")

    '//Overwrite all information in file
    hFile = FreeFile
    Open FileName For Binary As hFile
    '//Determine number of blocks
    Blocks = (LOF(hFile) \ BLOCKSIZE) + 1
    For i = 1 To Blocks
        Offset = Seek(hFile)
        Put hFile, , Block1
        Put hFile, Offset, Block2
    Next i
    Close hFile

    '//Remove the file
    Kill FileName

End Sub

Jonas
TRION Technologies

t>...

Quote:
>Kill will not recycle for Windows, but Norton still picks it up!

>>When you use the Kill statement.... it wont recycle your files.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delete without going to deleted items folder !

2. Using Recycling Bin without prompting to Delete...

3. Stopping files going to the Recycle Bin?

4. Deleting records from a recordset without deleting from the database

5. Checking if a delete will succeed (without doing the delete)

6. Deleting documents with vba and the recycle bin.

7. Deleting the Recycle Bin

8. How to delete using the Recycle bin in vb5

9. deleting cookies/cache/temp/recycle bin, etc.

10. Help--Form Flicker on Recycle Bin Delete

11. How do you delete a file in VB and have it in the Recycle Bin

12. Help Deleting files to the Recycle Bin with VB 4.0