How to identify registered dll's and ocx's
Author Message
 How to identify registered dll's and ocx's

I am trying to write a generic test harness to test new dll's and ocx's.  The app
should let the user select the object they want to test from a list of the
registered objects.  I have the code that will allow me to IDispatch.Invoke the
selected object once I get the proper GUID, but what I don't know is how to get a
list of registered objects from Windows.

Anyone know any specific APIs, any thoughts?

Thanks, Todd

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to identify registered dll's and ocx's

They are all in the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT).
To get a list of GUID's, enum HKCR\CLSID
Prog-ID's are in HKCR and require further interpretation
to distinguish between file-associations/applications/controls,...

Maybe there is some API (CoEnum....???) for that?

Alex

I am trying to write a generic test harness to test new dll's and ocx's.
The app
should let the user select the object they want to test from a list of the
registered objects.  I have the code that will allow me to IDispatch.Invoke
the
selected object once I get the proper GUID, but what I don't know is how to
get a
list of registered objects from Windows.

Anyone know any specific APIs, any thoughts?

Thanks, Todd

Sun, 04 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to tell what OCX's and DLL's are registered

2. Registering DLL's and OCX's in Win 3.1

3. Registering OCX and DLL's

4. Registering DLL/OCX/VBX's at installation

5. Can't register OCX's

6. Can't register OCX's

7. 'Unable to register COMDLG32.OCX'

8. VB4.0 won't register OCX's built with VC++4.0

9. Component 'RICHT32.OCX' not correctly registered

10. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

11. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

12. can't register craxdrt.dll and craxddt.dll