WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages
Author Message
 WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages

I have a WebBrowser control on a form in a VB app. There is also a text
box where the user can type a URL. When the URL is entered, I call the
navigate2 method of the control, expecting to browse to the entered URL.
Most of the time, this is exactly what happens.

The problem is that certain pages (for example, www.quote.com ) do not
display - I see the part of the page being displayed, then an error page
- cannot find server or DNS error. I know the site is there - I can
browse to it in my browser with no problems. Here's a bit of the
debugging output (messages logged on NavigateComplete2 event and on
DocumentComplete event:

3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete: http://www.*-*-*.com/
3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete:
res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete:
res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Bryan

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages
I was able to fix the problem by moving the processing that I was doing
in DocumentComplete into NavigateComplete2. The pages I was having
trouble with contained multiple documents, so I was getting multiple
events.

Cheers,
Bryan

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages
I have the same sort of problem, but for me www.quote.com works fine..
Perhaps it's you IE options  -  security settings. Or Advanced Tab -
Security settings that are stoping some types of HTML from loading?

Quote:
> I have a WebBrowser control on a form in a VB app. There is also a text
> box where the user can type a URL. When the URL is entered, I call the
> navigate2 method of the control, expecting to browse to the entered URL.
> Most of the time, this is exactly what happens.

> The problem is that certain pages (for example, www.quote.com ) do not
> display - I see the part of the page being displayed, then an error page
> - cannot find server or DNS error. I know the site is there - I can
> browse to it in my browser with no problems. Here's a bit of the
> debugging output (messages logged on NavigateComplete2 event and on
> DocumentComplete event:

> 3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete: http://www.quote.com/index.html
> 3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
> 3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
> 3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
> 3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete:
> res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
> 3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
> res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
> 3:01:28 PM: Nav2 complete:
> res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///
> 3:01:28 PM: Doc complete:
> res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http:///

> Any ideas??

> Thanks,
> Bryan

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WebBrowser control not displaying certain pages

2. Printing an HTML page displayed in a WebBrowser control

3. Is there any way I can have the WebBrowser control display the HTML page with ou

4. WebBrowser control does not seem to use page caching

5. Spread control is not displaying in Property page

6. Page Number of Displayed (not Selected) Page

7. Controlling access to certain web pages

8. GoTo page header of a certain page

9. ActiveX Control - resgistered but still not available for certain profiles on PC

10. Page can not be displayed error ---Pl help

11. Custom property page not displayed

12. To change the font size of the text displayed in a WebBrowser control