Playing Large Wav and Midi without DoEvents
Author Message
 Playing Large Wav and Midi without DoEvents

Hello,  I have a question.

note:  I program with 16 bit DLL's only.

            Can anyone give me a quick example on how to play LARGE wave
and midi files.  The SndPlaySound API function is only meant for quick
one second wave files.  I also don't won't to use any controls, the
mciSendString API function, or the WavMix DLL because they require free
eventing.
        For example

for i = 1 to 10  ''''''''The sound will not be heard
r = mciSendString ("Play asound", &0, 0, 0)
next i

''''''''''
for i = 1 to 10: DoEvents   '''the sound can be heard because of the
freed events
r = mciSendString ("Play asound", &0, 0, 0)
'''allowed every loop
Next i

    For nearly twice the speed, I want to be able to program a few
things that don't require any event allowance.  I have yet to learn how
to use "mio" functions, the "waveOut" and "midiOut" functions, and any
other functions that may also play wav and midi instantaneously WITH OUT
the requirement of "free events". In other words, I want to be able to
lock windows to my program ONLY, for operations like these.

        I would greatly appreciate any example or examples. Remember
that I only have use for 16 bit DLL's.

                                        please E-Mail me at

    thanks in advance

-Sean

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Playing Large Wav and Midi without DoEvents

2. How to play MIDI and WAV from VB ????

3. Playing WAV files and MIDI files

4. HELP: Can't play MIDI and WAV at same time

5. How to play MIDI and WAV from VB ????

6. Midi and Wav auto-play

7. How To Play MIDI/WAV Sounds

8. Playing WAV and MIDI files in VB 4.0

9. Play WAV and MIDI

10. Playing large WAV files

11. Playing Large Wav FIles

12. playing midi files in VB6 without the mmcontrol