NT Services?
Author Message
 NT Services?

Can anyone supply some source code for writing a NT Service in VB?

Thanks

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Services?

Darren,
    Microsoft recommends NOT to write NT services in VB since the VB's
runtime DLL's are not thread safe. There is a very good article on writting
a NT service using VB in the Fall 1997 copy of VBProgrammer's Journal.

Jeyasekar.R

Quote:

>Can anyone supply some source code for writing a NT Service in VB?

>Thanks

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Services?

Jeyasekar,

Microsoft have written an OCX file to run VB apps as services (NTSVC.OCX). I
have been using it extensivly for the last couple of days without any
problems.

I am however not trying to multithread the service, so I'm probably getting
away with the multithreading limitation of the runtime .DLL's.

Writing a service under VB using this .OCX is very easy, and seems to be
able to access the normal technologies like a normal application can. I'm
currently using the CDO (MAPI) library and will be using MTS objects in the
next day or so.

Glenn Corbett

Quote:

>Darren,
>    Microsoft recommends NOT to write NT services in VB since the VB's
>runtime DLL's are not thread safe. There is a very good article on writting
>a NT service using VB in the Fall 1997 copy of VBProgrammer's Journal.

>Jeyasekar.R

>>Can anyone supply some source code for writing a NT Service in VB?

>>Thanks

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

2. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

3. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

4. Help: W2K, IIS, ASP, Component Services, SQL, NT Service and VB

5. Searching for OCX ==>> NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic

6. Windows NT Service

7. Compact database as NT Service.

8. Failure to Launch Outlook 2000 As a NT Service

9. Outlook won't start from VB NT Service

10. Using Outlook Object Model in an NT service

11. Using Outlook Lib as an NT service

12. own NT Services