vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?
Author Message
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

It would seem that Microsoft could create a better api viewer than that
included in VB 5.0.  Whey do they not have a full database in Microsoft
Access format that can do a more complete search for keywords and a more
thorough documentation?

Are there other ways of finding api's;  is there an application or an os
tool that can search for api's?

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

Hi,

I've bought Dan Applemans Win32API and uses the help-file from the books CD

 Per

Quote:
> It would seem that Microsoft could create a better api viewer than that
> included in VB 5.0.  Whey do they not have a full database in Microsoft
> Access format that can do a more complete search for keywords and a more
> thorough documentation?

> Are there other ways of finding api's;  is there an application or an os
> tool that can search for api's?

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

You can also download an API help file from Borlands FTP server, I beleive
that the delcarations are in C but there is the API Viewer for that.  The
only thing is that the file is 8 Megs.
Does anyone remember the location, I've lost it.

Steve G.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I've bought Dan Applemans Win32API and uses the help-file from the books CD

> Per

>> It would seem that Microsoft could create a better api viewer than that
>> included in VB 5.0.  Whey do they not have a full database in Microsoft
>> Access format that can do a more complete search for keywords and a more
>> thorough documentation?

>> Are there other ways of finding api's;  is there an application or an os
>> tool that can search for api's?

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

Stephen,
  I forgot the exact URL, but go to www.borland.com and do a search for
Win32 help.  That will take you to their Delphi download site.  The
WIn32 help file is near the bottom of the list of downloadable files.

-Dave

Quote:

> You can also download an API help file from Borlands FTP server, I beleive
> that the delcarations are in C but there is the API Viewer for that.  The
> only thing is that the file is 8 Megs.
> Does anyone remember the location, I've lost it.

> Steve G.

> >Hi,

> >I've bought Dan Applemans Win32API and uses the help-file from the books CD

> > Per

> >> It would seem that Microsoft could create a better api viewer than that
> >> included in VB 5.0.  Whey do they not have a full database in Microsoft
> >> Access format that can do a more complete search for keywords and a more
> >> thorough documentation?

> >> Are there other ways of finding api's;  is there an application or an os
> >> tool that can search for api's?

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

Download the help file directly
 ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/delphi/gen/win32...
or visit the page
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/downloads/index.html

Art.

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb 5.0 api viewer; is there a better one ?

MS Developer Studio is an excellent reference to Win32 if you own it!

Joel

Quote:

>It would seem that Microsoft could create a better api viewer than that
>included in VB 5.0.  Whey do they not have a full database in Microsoft
>Access format that can do a more complete search for keywords and a more
>thorough documentation?

>Are there other ways of finding api's;  is there an application or an os
>tool that can search for api's?

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Probelm with CR Viewer 6.0 and VB 5.0

2. I am a VB newbie, looking for good manual

3. VB 5.0 and VB 6.0 applications on the one PC

4. I am looking for the best book for learning VB.

5. Need api viewer for vb 40

6. VB API Viewer bug

7. VB 6 API Viewer error

8. VB API Viewer

9. VB 6 API Viewer

10. API Viewer - Text API File for wininet.dll?

11. API-viewer! where can i find a good one!!!

12. Final Word On VB5 API Viewer and Win32 API Reference