About Fax ! 
Author Message
 About Fax !

Hi,
   When I use PaintPicture method in VB. If the default printer is set to
Microsoft Fax , it will be sent as a Fax document. I have two question.
1. Is this situation will happen in any kind of Fax driver? I mean if the
default printer is WinFax or others, will it be sent as a fax document ?
2. Can I use Printer object or Printers collection to distinguish from which
one is fax driver and which on is real printer ?

Thanks,

Dennis



Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 About Fax !

Why not present the user with the printer comman dialog to select the
printer they want

Private Sub cmdPrnSetup_Click()
   CMDialog1.Flags = &H40
   CMDialog1.Action = 5
End Sub

theres the code for a command button
to bring up the printer setup dialog box

On Tue, 5 May 1998 14:29:52 +0800, "Dennis"

Quote:

>>Hi,
>>   When I use PaintPicture method in VB. If the default printer is set to
>>Microsoft Fax , it will be sent as a Fax document. I have two question.
>>1. Is this situation will happen in any kind of Fax driver? I mean if the
>>default printer is WinFax or others, will it be sent as a fax document ?
>>2. Can I use Printer object or Printers collection to distinguish from which
>>one is fax driver and which on is real printer ?

>>Thanks,

>>Dennis

                            TRoN~!
                            CompuTec Data Systems


Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 About Fax !



Quote:
>Why not present the user with the printer comman dialog to select the
>printer they want

>Private Sub cmdPrnSetup_Click()
>   CMDialog1.Flags = &H40
>   CMDialog1.Action = 5
>End Sub

>theres the code for a command button
>to bring up the printer setup dialog box

A related question, I am printing a file (as an attachment) from VB to
WinFax using DDE. When I do this, the printer common dialog box
appears. I want to skip it and print automatically to WinFax. Any idea
how I can do this? I have several hundred faxes to send out and I
can't have a user clicking OK to close the dialog box every time.

Thanks,
Anders

Quote:

>On Tue, 5 May 1998 14:29:52 +0800, "Dennis"

>>>Hi,
>>>   When I use PaintPicture method in VB. If the default printer is set to
>>>Microsoft Fax , it will be sent as a Fax document. I have two question.
>>>1. Is this situation will happen in any kind of Fax driver? I mean if the
>>>default printer is WinFax or others, will it be sent as a fax document ?
>>>2. Can I use Printer object or Printers collection to distinguish from which
>>>one is fax driver and which on is real printer ?

>>>Thanks,

>>>Dennis

>                            TRoN~!
>                            CompuTec Data Systems



Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

2. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

3. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

4. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

5. Fax.dll , Fax.vbx , fax routines , dde with fax , everything with fax !!

6. utilize microsoft fax to automatically send faxes from access

7. NT Personal Fax - SendObject will not send to fax number

8. Sending faxes from MAPI vs Printing to MS Fax

9. receive fax using Fax Client COM Implementation

10. Fax using MS Fax

11. How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

12. Anyone Recommend Fax Tools for VB (not including Fax Plus)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software