Getting Long file names from short
Author Message
 Getting Long file names from short

What is the API call for converting short file names to their 32-bit long
filenames?

The Win32 API help pointed me to FindFirstFile but this returns a pointer
to some file info. I don't know what to do with the pointer.

I'm sure there's a simpler way.

Any suggestions

Itzy Sabo
Opposite Software

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Long file names from short

Actually there is not a real simple way.  FindFirstFile (or Dir$ in VB)
will return a long file name to you if supplied with the short name.  This
works for a file name within a directory, if you have fully qualified file
names to change, it gets a little more complicated.

Quote:
> What is the API call for converting short file names to their 32-bit long
> filenames?

> The Win32 API help pointed me to FindFirstFile but this returns a pointer
> to some file info. I don't know what to do with the pointer.

> I'm sure there's a simpler way.

> Any suggestions

> Itzy Sabo
> Opposite Software

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Long file names from short

Use the GetShortPathName API function.

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting short file name from long file name:

2. Getting short file names instead of long filenames?

3. Get long file name from short file name

4. Long File Names and Short File Names

5. Get Short File Name from Long File Name?

6. Long file names to short file name

7. Converting Long File Names to Short File Names

8. long file names to short file name

9. How to convert long file names to short file names

10. Api function to convert Long File Names To Short Dos File Names

11. Long File Names and Short File Names

12. Short File Name to Long File Name