LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95
Author Message
 LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95

Hi There
Does anyone know how to make a function similar to the LogonUser API, that
works for Win95 ?
TIA
Henrik Storgaard

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95

Hi,

I've been trying to get that to work for NT.  Could you send me a code
sample?

Also, this works  for Win95:

Const WN_SUCCESS = 0
Private Declare Function WNetVerifyPassword Lib "mpr.dll" Alias _
"WNetVerifyPasswordA" (ByVal lpszPassword As String, ByRef pfMatch As Long)
As Long

Sub password()
    'Put the following code in the Command button's Click event
''' This is for win95
Dim Match, Passwd
 Passwd = "Admin" 'Text1.Text
 If (WNetVerifyPassword(Passwd, Match)) <> WN_SUCCESS Then
 MsgBox "Error with Password string"
 Else
 If Match <> 0 Then
 MsgBox "password is correct"
 Else
 MsgBox "Incorrect password"
 End If
 End If

End Sub

Quote:
> Hi There
> Does anyone know how to make a function similar to the LogonUser API,
that
> works for Win95 ?
> TIA
> Henrik Storgaard

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95

2. LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95

3. LogonUser API works for WinNT, but what about Win95

4. WinNT API - LogonUser

5. Cannot get LogonUser working on Win95...

6. NT LogonUser API call for Win95

7. NT LogonUser API call for Win95

8. VB5 to C++Builder dll fails in WinNT works in Win95

9. VB app at Logon Works WinNT not Win95

10. Cant get LogonUser() to work in VB (Win32 API)

11. Win95, WinNT file locking with Win32 API

12. CreateProcess/WaitForSingleObject API in Win95/WinNT 4.0