What messages with F1 help key?
Author Message
 What messages with F1 help key?

Hello,

Does anyone know what message is used to bring up help within an
application.  I am trying to subclass a window to stop help from starting
when the F1 key is pressed.  I've subclassed the following messages

WM_KEYDOWN = &H100
WM_KEYFIRST = &H100    Is this the right constant?
WM_KEYLAST = &H108
WM_KEYUP = &H101

When pressing the F1 key this is the only message that comes through my
winproc.  I trap this message but Help still starts.

msg = &H101 lp = &H70 wp = &HC03B0001

Why don't I see a key down message?

Thanks for any input,

--
Dustin
Admartek

(remove NO{*filter*}when replying by email)

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What messages with F1 help key?

What I've done to trap the F1 key is:

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyCode = vbkeyf1 Then KeyCode = 0
 End Sub

Dave Emmert

Quote:

> Hello,

> Does anyone know what message is used to bring up help within an
> application.  I am trying to subclass a window to stop help from starting
> when the F1 key is pressed.  I've subclassed the following messages

> WM_KEYDOWN = &H100
> WM_KEYFIRST = &H100    Is this the right constant?
> WM_KEYLAST = &H108
> WM_KEYUP = &H101

> When pressing the F1 key this is the only message that comes through my
> winproc.  I trap this message but Help still starts.

> msg = &H101 lp = &H70 wp = &HC03B0001

> Why don't I see a key down message?

> Thanks for any input,

> --
> Dustin
> Admartek

> (remove NO{*filter*}when replying by email)

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What messages with F1 help key?

Thanks for the response Dave.  My problem is that the KeyDown event doesn't
get fired with the control I am using.  The control I am trying to trap is
in a picture box which is on the form.

--
Dustin
Admartek

(remove NO{*filter*}when replying by email)

Quote:
> What I've done to trap the F1 key is:

> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>     If KeyCode = vbkeyf1 Then KeyCode = 0
>  End Sub

> Dave Emmert

> > Hello,

> > Does anyone know what message is used to bring up help within an
> > application.  I am trying to subclass a window to stop help from
starting
> > when the F1 key is pressed.  I've subclassed the following messages

> > WM_KEYDOWN = &H100
> > WM_KEYFIRST = &H100    Is this the right constant?
> > WM_KEYLAST = &H108
> > WM_KEYUP = &H101

> > When pressing the F1 key this is the only message that comes through my
> > winproc.  I trap this message but Help still starts.

> > msg = &H101 lp = &H70 wp = &HC03B0001

> > Why don't I see a key down message?

> > Thanks for any input,

> > --
> > Dustin
> > Admartek

> > (remove NO{*filter*}when replying by email)

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

2. Easy - Displaying help NOT via F1 key - How?

3. Help context ID and F1 key

4. Help on F1 key

5. Help on F1 key

6. F1 key access to HTML help

7. Help on F1 key

8. Help on F1 key

9. Need to disable F1 key.

10. Can't get the HelpProvider to work with the F1 key

11. Capture F1 key input

12. F1 - F5 key calls...