Clicking on a form, the whole form, and nothing but the form
Author Message
 Clicking on a form, the whole form, and nothing but the form

Quote:

> I have a form with several labels and 1 shape on it.  I want to
> trigger the
> From_Dblclick event whenever I double-click on any part of the form.
> As it
> stands now,  Form_Dblclick is only executed when I double-click on a
> part
> of the form that does not have a control on it -- a clear spot.

> Is there a way to have the Form_Dblclick event triggered even though I
> am
> pointing to a control on the form, rather than a clear spot on the
> form?  I
> could go the easy route and define all the label double-click events
> call the Form_Dblclick event.  Is this the answer, or is there a way
> with
> more finesse?

<Gross Hack Warning ON>

You could create a label, at the front of the Z-Order. Backstyle set to
transparent. Resize it as the form resizes to cover the form's client
area. Catch the double click even for that one label.

Well, you said more finesse, you didn't say appreciably more finesse.

Hope that helped.

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try (replacing stars with dots)
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1*om*hp*com

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clicking on a form, the whole form, and nothing but the form

2. Catching a global click on the whole form?

3. Form Location after Clicking Form's Restore Button

4. making a mdi form a form during run time with click event

5. How to have form display above another after clicking off form

6. How can I move a form by only clicking on the form

7. custom form control: Cannot view design view of forms that inherit this form

8. Open form, close form, open form = disposed object exception

9. load another form form one form

10. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

11. form VB form to web based form

12. Forms Forms Forms