How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACESS2.0
Author Message
 How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACESS2.0

Hellow to everyone !  I would appreciate the following clarification.

I am giving my first steps with VB3 and ACCESS2.0 (with the Jet extensions)
and I would like to perform a non-stricted "seek" operation in a table with
a primary-key defined (single field or multi-field key), e.g.:

If I have a indexed field with "ELECTRONICS", I would like to seek it only
by "ELEC", not having to specify the whole word. In clipper and other
languages, there are some environment variables that give me the chance of
doing this. How can I do this in VB / ACCESS using the table indexes
(without having to sweep through all the records in the table and compare
them) ?

Thank for your help,
My best regards
Joao

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 ?

2. Search Char By Char Like MS Index Searches

3. Performing a like search

4. Performing web type Search in Word or Excel

5. VB5/Access 97- PERFORMING SEARCHES ON THE DBGRID

6. Can't perform wildcard search when using ODBC in visual basic

7. Can I perform a VB Fire Event like in VB3 in the new VB4

8. how to perform search for a file?

9. Index with non alphabetical sorting

10. indexed data & VB6 -- NON ADO

11. CR5.0 Grouping/Sorting on a non-indexed field

12. indexed data & VB6 -- NON ADO