Opening file in truncate- or append-mode
Author Message
 Opening file in truncate- or append-mode

How do I specify the opening mode of a file? I want to be able to select
whether I should truncate the file or append data to the existing data in
the file.

Best regards,
David List

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:50:32 GMT
 Opening file in truncate- or append-mode
This is handled by the FOR predicate of the OPEN statement.  If
you're writing text files, there's an APPEND mode.  If it's a binary
file, you have to position your file pointer with SEEK.

Quote:
> How do I specify the opening mode of a file? I want to be able to select
> whether I should truncate the file or append data to the existing data in
> the file.

> Best regards,
> David List

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:58:22 GMT

1. Truncate an open file

2. How can i truncate long file name to get dos file name

3. truncate files

4. Truncate File

5. How Can I Truncate A File In VB6

6. OpenURL HTTP file truncate problem

7. Truncate a text file

8. Truncate a File

9. opening file for append

10. ADODB to open CSV text file, APPEND FIELD

11. Deleting a line from a file opened in output/append

12. Open file and append question