Internet Transfer Control - Downloading a file over 65,536 bytes
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control - Downloading a file over 65,536 bytes

I'm trying to set up a function that downloads a file from an FTP site. The
problem that I'm running into is that I can only get 65,536 bytes (files
less than that download fine, using the code below). Now, I don't know if
I'm downloading the full file (about 90,000 bytes) or if it just won't
right the complete file to my hard drive. I'm using code that is copied
straight out of VB Help. Considering that it's 65,536 bytes, I would assume
there is a limitation that I am unaware of.

    Inet1.AccessType = icUseDefault
    Dim b() As Byte
    Dim sUrl As String, sFile As String

    sUrl = "ftp://software.corpcon.com/pub/usr/corpcon/boxmetrc.exe"
    sFile = "G:\a\boxmetrc.exe"

    ' Retrieve the file as a byte array.
    b() = Inet1.OpenURL(sUrl, icByteArray)

    ' Open "G:\a\boxmetrc.exe" For Binary Access Write As #1
    Open sFile For Binary Access Write As #1
    Put #1, , b()
    Close #1
    MsgBox "Done"

--
Mark Lewis
Corporate Consultants

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control - Downloading a file over 65,536 bytes

2. bytes downloaded thru internet transfer control

3. Download file without Internet Transfer Control

4. Download file without Internet Transfer Control

5. Downloading file using Internet Transfer Control (not FTP server)

6. download file with internet transfer control

7. Downloading binary files with Internet Transfer Control

8. Downloading file using Internet Transfer Control (not FTP server)

9. Downloading files using Internet transfer protocol

10. Downloading Files Using the internet transfer protocol

11. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

12. Internet Transfer Control --> FTP Download