Disabling Alt-Tab, Taskbar and Ctr-Alt-Del
Author Message
 Disabling Alt-Tab, Taskbar and Ctr-Alt-Del

I am trying to keep the user from being able to change applications while I
am validating a password.  In order to do that I'm trying to disable the
Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del key sequences and the taskbar.  Is that possible in
VB6 or should I be writing this in C?

Regards.
Chris.

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling Alt-Tab, Taskbar and Ctr-Alt-Del
Hi Christopher.

The following won't work with NT:

HOWTO: Block CTRL+ALT+DEL and ALT+TAB in Windows 95/98 in VB
Article ID: Q154868
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q154/8/68.asp

'----------------------

You can use the following code to show/hide the taskbar:

'add the following code to the form's declarations area
Private Const SWP_HIDEWINDOW& = &H80
Private Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW& = &H40
Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal cx As
_
Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal
_
lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Public Sub ShowTaskBar()
Dim hwnd&
hwnd = FindWindow("shell_traywnd", vbNullString)
Call SetWindowPos(hwnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_SHOWWINDOW)
End Sub

Public Sub HideTaskBar()
Dim hwnd&
hwnd = FindWindow("shell_traywnd", vbNullString)
Call SetWindowPos(hwnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_HIDEWINDOW)
End Sub

'--------
galen

Quote:
>I am trying to keep the user from being able to change applications while I
>am validating a password.  In order to do that I'm trying to disable the
>Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del key sequences and the taskbar.  Is that possible in
>VB6 or should I be writing this in C?

>Regards.
>Chris.

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disabling Ctr+Alt+Esc, Ctr+Alt+Del, and so on

2. Disable (Ctrl+Alt+Del),(Ctrl+Esc),(Alt+Tab) in NT

3. Disabling ctl+alt+del and alt+tab chain

4. Disable ctrl+esc ctrl+alt+del alt+tab

5. Disabling ctl+alt+del and alt+tab chain

6. Disable Ctrl Alt Del & Alt Tab

7. Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del and Alt-Tab

8. Disable (Ctrl+Alt+Del),(Ctrl+Esc),(Alt+Tab) in NT

9. Ctr+Alt+Del and Ctrl+Tab in windows95 using vb4(16bits)

10. CTRL-ALT-DEL, ALT-TAB

11. Alt Tab and Ctrl Alt Del

12. CTRL-ALT-DEL, ALT-TAB