BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject
Author Message
 BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject

Can anyone help me with the proper syntax of the BuildPath Method of
FileSystemObject?  I'm having no trouble with the other methods, but I can't
seem to get this to work.  Thanks

Steve

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject

Quote:

>Can anyone help me with the proper syntax of the BuildPath Method of
>FileSystemObject?  I'm having no trouble with the other methods, but I
can't
>seem to get this to work.

It's fairly straight forward. Here's an example....

    fso.BuildPath "C:\", "Test"

The first parameter contains the existing path and the second one contains
the new path to create.

Is there a specific problem you're having with using it?

Frank Carr

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject
Perhaps I'm missing the point of this method.  I was hoping for a quick way
of creating a set of nested subdirectories in one shot, such as
"c:\test1\test2\test3", where all are new folders.  The functionality of the
other methods led me down this path (no pun).  My documentation is a bit
thin in this area.  Is this just creating a path object?  If so, what would
be an appropriate use for that.

Steve

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject
How to Create Nested Directories
Two methods to created a nested hierarchy of folders.
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/fileapi/nested.htm

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

To assist in maintaining this thread for the benefit of
others, please post any response to this newsgroup.

Quote:

>Perhaps I'm missing the point of this method.  I was hoping for a quick way
>of creating a set of nested subdirectories in one shot, such as
>"c:\test1\test2\test3", where all are new folders.  The functionality of
the
>other methods led me down this path (no pun).  My documentation is a bit
>thin in this area.  Is this just creating a path object?  If so, what would
>be an appropriate use for that.

>Steve

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BuildPath Method of FileSystemObject
Thanks Randy!

I just got the chance to peruse your VBnet site.  Looks like an excellent
resource.

Steve

Quote:

>How to Create Nested Directories
>Two methods to created a nested hierarchy of folders.
>http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/fileapi/nested.htm

>--

>Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

>http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
>http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

>To assist in maintaining this thread for the benefit of
>others, please post any response to this newsgroup.

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BuildPath Problem Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

2. FilesystemObject moveFolder method

3. Does Filesystemobject support seek method?

4. FileSystemObjects MoveFile method buggy under Win98?

5. FileSystemObject Delete File Methods

6. Error in FileSystemObject DeleteFolder method?

7. followhyperlink method fails to use method constant other than msoMethodGet

8. Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New

9. shared methods vs instance methods

10. Error 405(Method not allowed) error in using webclient.uploadfile method

11. Remove Interface Methods from class methods

12. what is the accepted method or methods to save data expressed in a