Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0
Author Message
 Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0

If you can use or at least introduce them to vb 6.0 , it would be much
better.
vb 6 has much more features than vb5, it has visual internet dveloppment,
active pages, ie4 look and feel, .......
language is the same with a lot more functions , look is slightly different
because of the added features, but pricipals are the same

Souheil Charada

Quote:

>Hello...

>I'm teaching an Intro to VB class this fall using VB 5.0.  The inevitable
>question students will ask the first day:  "Can I buy 6.0 and use it for
this
>class".

>I haven't seen 6.0 yet, so I'm not sure how to answer that.  Can anyone
advise
>me on whether the look and feel of the interface is similar enough to 5.0
so
>that students will not get confused?  The topics we cover in class are
fairly
>elementary, so I'm not worried about language component compability.

>Thanks in advance.

>Fred Stefanowicz
>Professor of Computer& Information Systems
>Asnuntuck Community College
>Enfield, CT

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0
In my opinion, they are very much the same, with the exception of some added
built-in functions and, of course, the extended Web support (re, WebObjects,
IIS Projects, and DHTML pages).

Unfortunately, though, I have discovered that VB5 will puke (as expected) on
a VB6 project.

Jon Davis

Quote:

>Hello...

>I'm teaching an Intro to VB class this fall using VB 5.0.  The inevitable
>question students will ask the first day:  "Can I buy 6.0 and use it for
this
>class".

>I haven't seen 6.0 yet, so I'm not sure how to answer that.  Can anyone
advise
>me on whether the look and feel of the interface is similar enough to 5.0
so
>that students will not get confused?  The topics we cover in class are
fairly
>elementary, so I'm not worried about language component compability.

>Thanks in advance.

>Fred Stefanowicz
>Professor of Computer& Information Systems
>Asnuntuck Community College
>Enfield, CT

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0
Hi,

The look and feel is the same.  There are enhancements in VB6, but these
will not affect your students (IMO).

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0
The IDE is identicle. Out of all versions of Basic that have been released,
these two are the closest ever.

Ross Graham
MCSD

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0

2. Professor seeks advice on 5.0 vs. 6.0

3. Professor seeks advice on VB 5.0 vs. 6.0

4. Seeking Advice Learning VB vs C#

5. Professor needs advice on DHTML relative to Netscape....

6. asp.dll - VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0

7. VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0 - ASP.DLL

8. Filter vs Find vs Seek

9. Detecting Common Controls 5.0, 5.0 SP2, 6.0

10. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

11. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

12. VB 6.0 with VS 6.0 and Access 2000