Help with making a Upgrade Program
Author Message
 Help with making a Upgrade Program

I'm trying to create a small Upgrade Program that will go in and check for
upgrades for the program I made.  Can someone tell me where I should start,
and what I should be looking to do.  What I wanted it to do is go to my
server and download the upgrade (if any),   to a temp Dir and execute the
upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time...

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with making a Upgrade Program

Hi.
I have a button in my program that shells out to another program. Then the
first program is quitting.

The other program download a little textfile from my site. The textfile
contain filenames and dates for the files that needs to be updated. The user
can choose to accept the download, and if so, the program download all files
to a temp-library, and if download is succes, the files are copyed to the
actually library for the program. Then the "upgrade" program is quitting,
and shelling back to the (upgraded) program.

To do this you have to use some http or ftp protocoll, and there are plenty
out there.
The best I have used is :' Catalyst SocketTools 2.15
They have plenty of examples to play with, and you can try it for 30 days
without any nagscreens or so. With this you can do everything, mail, ftp,
http, browserprogram, anything.

Paul Hoffmann skrev i meddelandet ...

Quote:
>I'm trying to create a small Upgrade Program that will go in and check for
>upgrades for the program I made.  Can someone tell me where I should start,
>and what I should be looking to do.  What I wanted it to do is go to my
>server and download the upgrade (if any),   to a temp Dir and execute the
>upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time...

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with making an Upgrade Program

2. Making my programs available to the world and making my fortune (grin)

3. Upgrade to IE4 made VB4/32 unstable

4. Upgrading Access 97 to 2000 makes recordset unavailable to ADO

5. phone book program i made, need help!

6. Help making Demo Program

7. Newbie needs help making BASIC program print???

8. Making computer program and nedd help

9. problem making help file for VB program?

10. I need help with making a program stay idle after a button is clicked

11. Help making a simple backup program.

12. HELP: Making programs run from before win 95 starts